The Player Wants to do What?!?!?

Gilladian

Adventurer
I'll never forget my players stuffing a dead goat with magical explosive powder and feeding it to a giant crocodile and then setting the magic powder off...

Rod Staffwand

aka Ermlaspur Flormbator
I always allow tricks and stunts, but I never go in for shenanigans.

I'd add:

Smashing the heads of two enemies together to knock them out.
Tricking a foe in charging at you, dodging at the last second, and having them end up off a cliff.
Attacking a ceiling to cause a cave-in.

Celebrim

Legend
Smashing the heads of two enemies together to knock them out.
Tricking a foe in charging at you, dodging at the last second, and having them end up off a cliff.
Attacking a ceiling to cause a cave-in.

Oh that's beautiful. Thanks. Good examples.

I'll add a few more of my own:

Lassoing an enemy with a rope.
Hog tying an enemy after grappling them.

There is also one that I've been loathe to mention because it's only viable in the general case in systems with non-abstract damage (or at least, I've never been able to come up with a way to resolve it fairly in abstract systems):

Specifically calling out what part of the foe you are striking.

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend
I'll never forget my players stuffing a dead goat with magical explosive powder and feeding it to a giant crocodile and then setting the magic powder off...

Oddly enough, in my present game, a character used his alchemy skill to create a magical bomb, which he tied to a live goat that they intended to use to kill a peryton. When it failed to work, they left the goat in the stables still with a bomb about its neck... and then promptly forgot about it.

They returned to find that the stables had blown up and an innkeeper demanding repatriations for the damage.

Demorgus

Explorer
In a recent session with my 4e home group, the ranger wanted to swing by a rope across the front of a tower keep and see if she could knock the wights that were climbing down it off. I decided she had to make a hard acrobatics check and if she succeeded, the wights got a saving throw to hold onto the wall. I believe she knocked three of the four wights off the wall.

Remove ads