• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 2E The playtest is here!!

houser2112

Explorer
I will eagerly download the pdfs, but I will have to be content living vicariously through you guys, since there's little chance I'll get to play it; my group just isn't all that enthused to leave 5E behind.

ETA: Just caught myself up on the multiclassing thread on the Paizo boards. My enthusiasm just took a nosedive. You can no longer be a Fighter x/Wizard y; You will be a Fighter x with some wizard tacked on, or a Wizard y with some fighter tacked on. Essentially, multiclassing is an archetype and dipping is dead.

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Does anyone know if the playtest adventure has been described in any way?

I don’t think we know much about it yet, except that it involves 7 “multi-encounter scenarios” that span levels 1-20 and that players will have the opportunity to play I think 5 different characters, in order to allow testing as many different builds as possible.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Ah, so not a single, coherent “adventure”. Rats!

I think all of the scenarios are supposed to follow along a consistent storyline. It’s just that the story hops around between a few different characters of different level ranges. At least, that’s my guess based on what I’ve been able to gather so far. We’ll know more soon!

Remove ads