The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Samantha the Red made her way back through the Black Gate and near to the forest from which she had recently emerged. There she found herself in the foothills of Mulch Pile Mountain.

Knowing what lay ahead, she drew out her Pointy Stick and kept it at the ready. And it turned out that she didn’t have to wait long before putting it to good use!

From his perch on Mulch Pile Mountain leapt a large and fearsome rat! His beady brown eyes gazed malevolently at young Samantha the Red and he came rushing forth, teeth bared. “Rowr!!”

With a squeal of excitement, Samantha deftly dodged out of his way and turned quickly to catch him full on the wide bottom with her Pointy Stick. His fur dimpled deeply as Samantha thrust at his furry backside, not once but twice.

With a yelp of pain, the rat took flight and scurried behind the bulk of Mulch Pile Mountain. No more would he trouble Samantha the Red this day!

Her adrenaline still pumping, Samantha looked around for more adversaries but found none. She then turned her attention to the top of Mulch Pile Mountain where she spied a small chest. It no doubt contained the ill gotten gains guarded by the vicious rat. She climbed the treacherous and crumbly slopes of Mulch Pile Mountain and retrieved the chest, with small difficulty, but at the cost of getting her namesake red outfit rather dirty. But there would be time for laundry later! This was the hour of triumph!

She found the chest locked and withdrew from her backpack the key given to her by the Eagle. With a faint click the chest yielded its contents and she found that it contained the Silver Jingly Ball, just as she had hoped!

With the last of the three Silver Items safely stowed in her backpack, she merrily returned to Mommyville to hand them over to King Monkey. As she entered his audience chamber she swelled with pride. “I have brought you the things you needed!”

King Monkey, despite the sadness brought on by the Curse, found himself giving Samantha the Red a hearty, “Thank You!” He continued, “With these items I can now start to lift the Curse! This is a great day for the kingdom of Mommyville!”

Samantha the Red beamed with pride at her accomplishments but still recalled her manners, “You’re Welcome!”

King Monkey took a somewhat more serious tone, “But remember that the Curse is not yet lifted. Next I will need the three Golden Items. Can you return someday and help us with that?”

“Sure!” said Samantha the Red. For her heart longed for adventure and she would gladly undertake any quest that offered her these exciting journeys. But for now, she bade King Monkey farewell and headed off in search of an afternoon snack.

TO BE CONTINUED…

Attachments

• Poking the Rat.jpg
    Poking the Rat.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 504
  • Treasure Chest.jpg
    Treasure Chest.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 450
  • The Silver Items are Returned!.jpg
    The Silver Items are Returned!.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 484

ledded

Herder of monkies
Man, I want to just gush and echo the comments of almost all of the above posters, but I will just simply say:

Dude.

You.

Rule.

I am duly inspired to chronicle the adventures of Sir Garrett, my own young knight errant.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
ledded said:
Man, I want to just gush and echo the comments of almost all of the above posters, but I will just simply say:

Dude.

You.

Rule.

I am duly inspired to chronicle the adventures of Sir Garrett, my own young knight errant.

Very kind words from you as usual, Ledded. If you write a story hour featuring young master Garrett, I will be more than happy to read it.

Particularly if you give him a big shield and tell him to make liberal use of the word "justice". ;)

Naathez

Explorer
When a new player is born, any old player's heart rejoices.

But when such a sweet little new player is born, and the rejoicing of the heart is accompanied by the mirth of a delighted tender laughter, then truly a new fairy has gained her wings. (Hey, I AM a Bard after all)

Keep it up. What you're doing for her is greater than both of you know now.

oh, and ledded... I'd think "Garrett" would be a Thief, not a Knight Errant... (ARGH! Game inside joke! Bad Xbox! BAD! Back off!)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
As promised, here is the start of the second part of Adventures In Mommyville...

Quest for the Golden Items

After several days of rest and recuperation, Samantha the Red felt ready to once again plunge into adventure in the aid of King Monkey and the people of Mommyville. She prepared to don her backpack and reviewed its contents.

From her earlier adventures she still retained a few items including the Potion of Smallness, her Sharp Stick of Bottom Poking and a key with the likeness of a dragon upon it. Added to this were three of the red coins of the realm that she had found in the Eagle egg. Armed with only these meager belongings and a malicious grin at the thought of the evil bottoms in need of poking, she sought an audience with King Monkey.

King Monkey was only too happy to see her again. “Welcome, Samantha the Red! Your aid to my Kingdom has been great and I hope you will succeed in your next quest!”

“What is it?” Samantha inquired.

“We are now needing the Three Golden Items to go with the Silver Items you have already returned to me.”

“Ok! Bye!” Samantha turned to leave, eager to get on with the real adventure.

“Um…wait!” cried out King Monkey after her.

“What?!” asked Samantha impatiently.

King Monkey let slide this breach of protocol and politely asked, “Don’t you want to know what the Three Golden Items are?”

Samantha considered for a moment, “Oh. Sure!”

“Wonderful!” said King Monkey. “I need you to find The Golden Egg, The Golden Candlestick and The Golden Horse.”

Samantha the Red repeated this sequence of items as was her habit when committing things to memory. She was simply going to HAVE to learn to read soon so that she could start writing things down. Once she felt certain to remember the objects of her quest, she bade King Monkey farewell, “Bye-Bye!”

Attachments

• Evil Grin.jpg
    Evil Grin.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 415
  • Audience with King Monkey.jpg
    Audience with King Monkey.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 399

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Before she set out on her latest quest, Samantha decided that she needed to resupply with the town merchants, Binky the Gnome and the Egg Wizard. She first stopped at Binky’s and found that he had no new Magic Rope for sale as of yet.

“I can offer you either of these two items,” said the Gnome. “The first is a Magic Candle that lights itself and warms things up. The other is a pack of rations in case you get hungry.”

Samantha was an easy customer and instantly decided that she would buy both items. Binky considered the possibility that he may need to raise his prices. But it was all for the good of the Kingdom and he did feel somewhat better now that the Silver Items had been retrieved. With his material aid, perhaps this Samantha the Red would manage to lift the curse that plagued them.

The Gnome watched as young Samantha packed her latest acquisitions into her backpack and set off to see the Egg Wizard with a hearty “Bye-Bye!”

She found the Egg Wizard sitting upon his colorful couch as usual but he seemed in exceptionally low spirits. Samantha decided that him accompanying her on her adventure would be just the thing to perk him up. “You’re coming with ME, Egg Wizard!”

The Egg Wizard had become a creature of leisure, doing good business in Potions and minor charms and so forth in recent years. He abhorred the prospect of being out in the wide outside world and did his best to distract Samantha from this line of thought. “I’ve got some new Potions for sale!”

It seemed to work. “Oh! What do you have?”

Pleased that the question of him joining her was off the table, the Egg Wizard launched into his sales pitch. “I have this Potion that makes you very strong. And I also have this magic dust that makes you invisible.”

Samantha looked at him wide eyed, “Oh. That’s good.”

The Egg Wizard looked back at her and asked, “Do you know what ‘invisible’ means?”

Samantha gave him a big grin, “No.”

“Ah,” the Wizard nodded, “It means that nobody can see you and you can sneak around.”

“Oh,” she responded. “Well, I’ll buy the Potion that makes you strong.”
“Very good then. That’ll be one coin.”

Samantha dug in her backpack for her last coin and offered it up to the Egg Wizard. Then, without missing a beat, “Let’s go!”

“What?!” asked the Egg Wizard.

“You’re coming with me on the Adventure!” Her demeanor was one that brooked no resistance but he tried anyway.

“I’m actually feeling rather sick. I’d best stay here on my couch…”

“COME ON!”

The Egg Wizard sighed in resignation and got up from the couch. He grabbed up the Invisibility Powder and followed the young adventuress out of the village. He looked back longingly, “I’ll miss you my sweet, soft sofa…”

Attachments

• Binky.jpg
    Binky.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 379
  • The Egg Wizard.jpg
    The Egg Wizard.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 411

Remove ads