The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

ajanders

Explorer
Yoinks...

Rel said:
<Deletia>
She found the Egg Wizard sitting upon his colorful couch as usual but he seemed in exceptionally low spirits. Samantha decided that him accompanying her on her adventure would be just the thing to perk him up. “You’re coming with ME, Egg Wizard!”

<Deletia>
Samantha dug in her backpack for her last coin and offered it up to the Egg Wizard. Then, without missing a beat, “Let’s go!”

“What?!” asked the Egg Wizard.

“You’re coming with me on the Adventure!” Her demeanor was one that brooked no resistance but he tried anyway.

“I’m actually feeling rather sick. I’d best stay here on my couch…”

“COME ON!”

The Egg Wizard sighed in resignation and got up from the couch. He grabbed up the Invisibility Powder and followed the young adventuress out of the village. He looked back longingly, “I’ll miss you my sweet, soft sofa…”
I think I've just discovered how my next character is joining the party. Go Samantha and Egg!

fuindordm

Adventurer
Keep it coming! My own daughter isn't quite ready for this sort of thing yet, but I'm storing up your ideas, and I love reading these!

Ben

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Thanks to all you folks for your kind words. I'm having a ton of fun both running and writing these little adventures. Here's our next installment:

Journey to the Tall Tower

“So where are we going anyway?” asked the Egg Wizard of his new companion.

“We are looking for the Three Golden Items,” stated Samantha the Red in a rather matter of fact way.

“Ok. And what exactly are these Golden Items?”

“Egg, Candlestick and Horse!” Samantha exclaimed.

“I see,” replied the Egg Wizard. “I think I might know where we could find the Golden Egg, eggs being rather a specialty of mine. But I also think I heard a rumor that the statue of the Golden Horse is kept high in the Tall Tower.”

“Oh! I know where the Tall Tower is! Let’s GO!” And Samantha embarked on the first leg of her latest adventure at a dead run. The Egg Wizard gave a sigh and did his best to keep up.

They shortly arrived at the Tall Tower and Samantha began to ascend. “I’ll just stay down here,” said the Egg Wizard nervously. Ever since the “incident” with cousin Humpty, the Egg Wizard was reluctant to climb up on high places, particularly in light of the relative shortage of horses and men in the kingdom of Mommyville.

Samantha seemed willing to let the Egg Wizard stay behind on this part of the adventure and ascended the Tall Tower without any problems. In the room at the top, she found a stout looking chest and sitting nearby what looked to be a telescope. Ignoring the telescope for the time being, she went to work on the chest and found it unlocked. “The Golden Horse must be inside!”

But upon opening the chest she discovered not what she expected but a horse of a different color or rather a Cat of many different colors. “Rainbow Cat?! What are you doing in there?!”

“Thank goodness somebody found me! Why I don’t know how long I’ve been stuck in there!” Rainbow Cat seemed very perturbed at his imprisonment.

Samantha the Red was determined to get to the bottom of this mystery. “Who put you in there?”

“Well I was up here in the Tall Tower, guarding the Golden Horse. The King picked me for this job since I have…well HAD wings and could easily fly up here. Then one day the Purple Troll showed up and demanded the Golden Horse. I told him ‘NO’ of course but he was stronger than me. He grabbed me, pulled off my wings and tail and then shoved me into this chest and took the Golden Horse!”

“Oh no!” cried Samantha in sympathy. “Where did he take the Golden Horse?”

“I don’t know but I see that the Magic Telescope is still here. With it you can find the Golden Horse. Just climb down from the Tall Tower and look around with it. It will point you in the direction of what you seek.”

“Ok! Bye-Bye, Rainbow Cat!” Samantha had the Magic Telescope in hand and was already descending the Tall Tower.

“Goodbye, brave Samantha! And if you need help getting the Golden Horse, come get me and I’ll be happy to aid you!”

As soon as her feet were on solid ground again, Samantha raised the Magic Telescope to her eye and felt it pull her to the south. Following along and letting the Telescope guide her, she soon discovered the location of the Golden Horse. “It’s WAY up THERE!” She pointed excitedly and grabbed the Egg Wizard to get his attention.

The Golden Horse sat high atop a lofty ledge, far above the height that Samantha could reach. “How can I get it down?” she wondered aloud. After only a moment of thought she decided to go for help. “Let’s ask Rainbow Cat if he can help us!”

She was soon back atop the Tall Tower and seeking the aid of Rainbow Cat. “I could easily fly up there and get the Golden Horse if only I had my wings and tail!” the Cat exclaimed in frustration. “Do you think you could go and find them for me?”

“Sure,” said Samantha. She was becoming used to these little side quests and felt that they were half the fun of her adventures. “Where do I look?”

“I suggest that you go and consult the Two Faces. They tend to know lots about everything. I will wait here for your return.”

“Ok. Bye-Bye, Rainbow Cat!” And Samantha descended the Tower once again.

“How come the Rainbow Cat doesn’t have to come along?!” demanded the Egg Wizard. “You made me come and we’re not even looking for my wings and tail! But the Cat gets to just sit up in his tower and laze around while I’m out here risking my shell!”

Samantha dashed away in search of the Two Faces leaving the Egg Wizard to plod behind, his protests falling on deaf ears.

Attachments

• Telescope and Chest.jpg
    Telescope and Chest.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 308
  • Rainbow Cat.jpg
    Rainbow Cat.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 320

ledded

Herder of monkies
Naathez said:
oh, and ledded... I'd think "Garrett" would be a Thief, not a Knight Errant... (ARGH! Game inside joke! Bad Xbox! BAD! Back off!)
Heh. Ya know, with the unnatural propensity of a 6 year old to focus like an industrial laser on something he wants, added with his incredible imagination and unusual ability for bluff and base manipulation, I fear that even introducing him to the concept of a D&D Rogue or Thief at this age would wreak undue havoc on the world at large in years to come.

"You mean, I can wear the cool bad-guy outfit, and just sneak in and take the stuff I want, and then lie about it to avoid getting punished, and that would be a *good* thing daddy?!? Where the heck do I sign up for THAT!"

I mean, there's doing great stuff for my kid, and then there's the Safety Of The Free World As We Know It.

Rel, continued great stuff. Activities like this are what makes kids grow up not only knowing how to assert themselves and solve problems, but to yearn to do so. And you can never underestimate the value of that, my man. Keep it up, you (and Joshua Dyal with his own youngster's SH) serve as an example to us all.

My son is recently asked me for another 'live action' superhero game straight out of his comics/heroclix. I believe I shall have to supply that one for him soon.

Last edited:

Remove ads