The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Len

Prodigal Member
That, plus:
“I’ve heard that the Troll at Mulch Pile Mountain has some pet rats.”

“That is true,” said Samantha but she was clearly unafraid at the prospect.

“These are not just regular sewer rats. I’m talking about very big rats. Rodents Of Unusual Size!”

Samantha rounded on her reluctant companion, “And I’m gonna’ POKE em’ in the BOTTOM!”
makes me pretty sure that Samantha is a fighter. Or maybe a barbarian. Lots of kids seem to have levels of barbarian.

My son Sir Liam the Dragon is SO going on a quest this weekend! I cannot possibly thank you enough for this inspiration. He just turned three last weekend and received his spurs on Samhain night.

Not only is he a fully ordained knight of the Order of the Dragon, but he has this magic ability to turn into a tiger at the most inconvenient times.

Absolutely brilliant story hour! Thanks a million.

Attachments

• SirLiam1.jpg
    SirLiam1.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 244
  • SirLiam2.jpg
    SirLiam2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 221

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Captain Claymore said:
My son Sir Liam the Dragon is SO going on a quest this weekend! I cannot possibly thank you enough for this inspiration. He just turned three last weekend and received his spurs on Samhain night.

Not only is he a fully ordained knight of the Order of the Dragon, but he has this magic ability to turn into a tiger at the most inconvenient times.

Absolutely brilliant story hour! Thanks a million.

Glad you liked it. I wish young Sir Liam the best of luck on his future adventures! Let us know how things go.

And for those still reading, I'll be shooting to finish up the tales of the Three Golden Items and also those of Samantha's next adventure throughout this week because next week is shaping up to be busy workwise.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I don't know how or why this little tale brings a gleam to my eyes every time I read it, but it does. Awesome!

And I'm definitely gonna use the "You seem tired, maybe we should continue the adventure another day" line when one of my players moans about not being given a Spot check to see something or other. :)

pogre

Legend
Fun stuff!

I often play Dora the Explorer with my kids - same idea as you mentioned earlier. I also play heavily modified Warhammer Quest with them. My boy sometimes cries when I leave to go play D&D on Wednesday nights - not because I'm leaving mind you - he wants to play!

Micah

First Post
Thanks

I spent yesterday afternoon adventuring with my three daughters (ages 2,3 and 4) because of this storyhour. We had a blast!

Thanks for the ideas!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Micah said:
Thanks for the ideas!

You're welcome, and THANK YOU! The idea that this story hour (which was really just a lark) has inspired others to get the same kind of joy by roleplaying with their kids warms my heart. It almost feels like Christmas! ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
The Rats were nearly upon her before she could draw her Poking Stick but Samantha the Red acted with haste. She dodged clear as the first Rat assailed her and rounded on him as he dashed past. Powered still by the recently quaffed Strength Potion, her strike to the Rat’s bottom was enough to send the creature to flight with but a single thrust.

But the Rat’s mate was close behind and came at Samantha in a squeaking fury! Samantha knew she would need a cunning plan to deal with her second adversary and came up with one in a hurry. She ran in a tight circle around the Rat until it became dizzy. As the creature reeled, Samantha maneuvered to its backside to deliver the vanquishing poke and it too was sent scurrying back into the darkness!

Flush with success but still keeping her mind on the goal at hand, Samantha crawled a short distance up Mulch Pile Mountain and retrieved the chest that held the Troll’s treasure. Opening it carefully she saw that inside was not only Rainbow Cat’s tail but the Golden Candlestick she sought! She recovered these items and stashed them in her backpack, commenting to no one in particular that the candlestick was actually rather heavy.

She turned to depart but before she could get beyond the smashed gate, there was a growl of anger from behind her and suddenly the Troll came rushing out! Startled, Samantha let out a little squeal, but quickly regained her composure.

Given more time to think of things, she might have come up with a more subtle or elegant course of action. But in the heat of the moment, only one solution seemed plausible: Unadulterated Violence. She drew out the Poking Stick and gave a firm thrust to the belly of the oncoming Troll.

The bright green creature let out a “WHUF!” as the breath was driven from him and he stumbled back, wheezing. Unwilling to give him time to collect himself, Samantha stepped forward and delivered another sound poke to the abdomen. The Troll knew when he was bettered and staggered away, hoping never to cross paths with this Red Ravager again!

Giggling with delight at her latest success, Samantha hefted her backpack and went to deliver her tale and the tail to Rainbow Cat…

Attachments

• A Rat Gets Poked!.jpg
    A Rat Gets Poked!.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 279
  • The Treasure is Recovered!.jpg
    The Treasure is Recovered!.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 243
  • The Troll Gets Poked Too!.jpg
    The Troll Gets Poked Too!.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 283

Droid101

First Post
Captain Claymore said:
I cannot possibly thank you enough for this inspiration. He just turned three last weekend and received his spurs on Halloween night.
Fixed it for you.

And Rel, again, you rock the house. I don't follow many story hours, but I do follow this one. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases