The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

guyjin

Explorer
So adorable. I didn't get help from my parents; I had to make up my own stuff. :/

But she's adorably selfish (which is normal for a 3 year old, I guess.) especially with the egg wizard thing.

Acquana

First Post
OMG OMG OMG

This is officially the first storyhour that I'm going to read regularly.

Congradulations. This rocks. I love cute, and this makes me melt into a small puddle. I love it!

I thank you right now, because it'll be a while before she does. But she will.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
As per usual I'd like to thank everyone for the very kind comments. Perhaps the biggest compliment of the thread is seeing that the post above is guyjin's very first here at the forums.

I've been very busy this week (which is a GOOD thing) but after Friday I'll reach the start of my holiday off-time so expect a flurry of updates after that. And, if the weather warms up a bit, we'll be having some more Adventures over the holidays as well!

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
In the spirit of Christmas - a well-deserved BUMP.

May all of us blend our loves of family, imagination, and adventure as well as you do, Rel!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Eridanis said:
In the spirit of Christmas - a well-deserved BUMP.

May all of us blend our loves of family, imagination, and adventure as well as you do, Rel!

Thanks! I just happened to be online right as you posted this so I figured I'd let folks know that I'm sorry not to have updated this week as I'd planned. I've had a nasty, persistent chest cold and it has really sapped my energy. Not to mention all the demands on my time with Christmas coming up and a giddy 3 year old running around the house!

But never fear as it looks like I should have ample free time next week and hopefully I'll be over this bloody cold by then. I look forward to bringing you the exciting conclusion of Samantha's first trilogy of adventures!

And Merry Christmas to all of you who have read this story hour and posted such nice things!

Len

Prodigal Member
I bet that on Christmas morning all the presents will be missing from under the tree and Samantha the Red will have to go on a quest to recover them. :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Len said:
I bet that on Christmas morning all the presents will be missing from under the tree and Samantha the Red will have to go on a quest to recover them. :D

Close! ;) Actually we had a brief adventure on Christmas Eve. Santa called upon Samantha the Red to help him find some toys that the Elves had misplaced. Without her help some children would have no presents to open! (Oh the humanity!) She recovered the presents and gave them to Santa for delivery. :)

I have to say that, to some small degree, Samantha seems to be developing a streak of altruism. Whether this is in part because of our Adventures, I don't know. But on Christmas Eve, as bedtime approached, she told her mother and I that if we saw Santa Claus to tell him that it would be ok with her if he skipped our house and gave the presents to little children who didn't have any (Rel chokes back a little tear of pride).

Of course this generousity failed to make an appearance on Christmas Day when after two solid hours of tearing through presents she wanted to know, "Is that ALL?!" :lol:

I'll take the good stuff where I can get it I suppose. ;)

And be looking for another installment of our story in about...thirty seconds or so. Thanks for your patience.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Samantha once again made the journey to the Tall Tower and ascended to find the Rainbow Cat warmly ensconced in the chest.

“I have all your parts!” Samantha the Red cried with glee.

“Wonderful!” cried Rainbow Cat.

Samantha withdrew him from the box and, with a bit of rough handling, she managed to restore his wings and tail in short order. Made whole once again, Rainbow Cat was now ready to fly off and fulfill his end of the bargain by way of retrieving the Golden Horse from his high perch. He prepared to take flight.

“WAIT!!” yelled Samantha with great urgency.

Startled by the unexpected outburst, Rainbow Cat halted at the edge of the Tall Tower. “What is it?” he asked, “Is there danger?”

“No. But I want to have a snack,” said Samantha the Red. Adventuring is hungry business. She settled down on the floor of the Tall Tower and enjoyed a hearty snack of peanut-butter crackers. Hunger sated and energy restored, she was once again ready to resume the call of adventure.

She descended the Tall Tower in the traditional manner as Rainbow Cat soared above, happy to be free and flying once again. They soon came within sight of where the Golden Horse stood high above the ground on the ledge. Rainbow Cat scooped up the golden statue but his flight back to the ground was less than graceful as the statue was very heavy for only a small, winged, multi-colored cat such as himself. Nonetheless, the Golden Horse was back on the ground where Samantha the Red hefted it and prepared to return to King Monkey with the good news and all three golden items.

“Thanks for the help, Rainbow Cat! Bye-Bye!”

“Thank YOU, Samantha the Red! You are the greatest heroine in all the realm of Mommyville!”

Her trek back to King Monkey was short and thankfully so as her burden had grown great. The Golden Horse weighed a good bit and the Golden Candlestick was no feather either. Thus it was not without considerable complaint that she made even this short journey. Nobody ever said that adventuring was all fluffy towels and peanut-butter crackers.

At length she arrived again in the court of King Monkey and presented him with the golden booty she had gathered. His praise was effusive and that soothed her sore muscles, worn from all the stabbing of rats and trolls and carrying of moderately heavy magical items.

King Monkey told her that her efforts had brought them that much closer to being able to lift the curse upon the lands of Mommyville. All that remained now was the recovery of the three Crystal Bottles.

But that was an adventure for another day…

Attachments

• Rainbow Cat Whole Again!.jpg
    Rainbow Cat Whole Again!.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 228
  • Time for a Snack!.jpg
    Time for a Snack!.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 232
  • The Golden Horse is Recovered!.jpg
    The Golden Horse is Recovered!.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 233
  • The Golden Items are Returned.jpg
    The Golden Items are Returned.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 227

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Rel said:
“WAIT!!” yelled Samantha with great urgency.

Startled by the unexpected outburst, Rainbow Cat halted at the edge of the Tall Tower. “What is it?” he asked, “Is there danger?”

“No. But I want to have a snack,” said Samantha the Red. Adventuring is hungry business. She settled down on the floor of the Tall Tower and enjoyed a hearty snack of peanut-butter crackers. Hunger sated and energy restored, she was once again ready to resume the call of adventure.
Aside from being absolutely sweet, wonderful and inspired, this story hour is also a great source of magic-item-ideas....
Fruity Potion Mix of Strenght, Hearty Peanutbutter Snacks of Healing, Potion of Giant Toddler.....

Way to go, Samantha & Rel!!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Robbert Raets said:
Aside from being absolutely sweet, wonderful and inspired, this story hour is also a great source of magic-item-ideas....
Fruity Potion Mix of Strenght, Hearty Peanutbutter Snacks of Healing, Potion of Giant Toddler.....

Way to go, Samantha & Rel!!

Thanks as always, Robbert. And look forward to new installments in this story hour early next week. My schedule then is rather "choppy" with a lot of half-days of work and babysitting so those are good opportunities to write up the relatively simple updates for this Story Hour (as opposed to my Faded Glory SH, which seems to take a minimum of an hour and a half to get any meaningful writing done on :\ ).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases