The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Ion said:
That is the funniest thing I've read all day!

There is NO better entertainment than your kids when they're at their best. The other night we were giving her a bath and suddenly there were...bubbles in the water. But rather than a giggle, she gave us this concerned expression. Then she said:

"That poot didn't feel good. Felt like a little FIRE in my bottom!"

Her mother and I could barely get off the floor from laughing so hard.

Tinner

First Post
Thank you!

Thanks so much for posting these stories. I liked them so much that I forwarded the thread to my younger brother (a lapsed gamer). He in turn was inspired to create some adventures for his boys, ages 4 & 2.
Over the weekend, my nephews had to call me and tell me all about he adventures of the Good Pirates Kaleb & Kaden, and how they fought off the Farting Crocodile, the High Snake, and the Big Bad Pirate to reclaim the Star, the Ball, and the Magic Sword.
You really should publish this idea. I think it's a winner!

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Thank you, Tinner and happycat2000, for your encouragement. Rest assured that there will be many more adventures to add to this thread. But Daddy's Eberron campaign kicks off on Monday and Mommy wants him to find time to work on her solo Hunter: The Reckoning game that's been in the works since before Christmas. So while I sometimes manage to find time for our Adventures, I'm finding it hard to find time for the writing of them lately.

Thanks for your patience. There will be posts in the next couple of weeks, I promise! ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
(Ok, high time for a new update. I've been having a few problems with posting pictures lately so hopefully this will work. - NOTE: I'M STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH JPEGs SO I HAD TO POST THESE AS .rar's. SORRY - Also, if you notice that some of these pictures seem dark in the background that's because it was getting dark outside. This adventure took place during the evening, just before dinnertime in the late autumn. And now on with the story...)

Samantha the Red made straightaway for the birdhouse where the Green Parrot lived. Her travels took her past the Watch Tower and she checked in to chat with Rainbow Cat. He told her that he had seen no sign of these Crystal Bottles but he had noticed that Mulch Pile Mountain was infested with large rats again. He warned Samantha to beware of them but she confidently assured him that her poking stick would be liberally applied to the behind of any rat that dared come near her.

As she approached the Bird House she could see Green Parrot perched atop his post and called out to him, “Hello Green Parrot! I’m looking for a Crystal Bottle. Have you seen one?”

The Green Parrot regarded her from atop his lofty perch and greeted her warmly, “Why yes I have! There was one hanging from the bird feeder and it is QUITE in the way for those of us who need to eat there. Plus, each time we tried to knock it down it made a jingling noise that scared away the smaller birds. I’d be ever so grateful if you would go and take that thing away!”

“I’ll go move it RIGHT NOW!” said Samantha with glee. She dashed away toward the bird feeder, eager to have the first of the bottles in her possession.

When she arrived she was pleased to see that the Clear Crystal Bottle hung from the bird feeder just as she’d been told by the Green Parrot. What was less pleasing was that it was way up high where she couldn’t reach it.

Her first instinct was to go visit Rainbow Cat and see if he could fetch it down for her. But then she recalled that she had just bought a new supply of Magic Rope from Binky. She doffed her backpack and pulled out the coil of rope, feeling it come alive in her hands. With an expert toss the rope flew up and lodged itself in a notch in the top of the bird feeder. She almost felt as though invisible hands lifted her as she climbed the rope and retrieved the Clear Crystal Bottle.

As she brought it back down she could hear something rattle inside. When she was safely back on the ground she shook the bottle vigorously. Yes, there was definitely something in there. She popped out the cork and tipped the bottle up and out into her little outstretched palm rolled a large, irregular chunk of diamond. She held it up and regarded it happily.

“This needs to go into my backpack!” She put both Bottle and gem safely into the pack and shouldered it once more. Now she just had to go find someone else who knew where the next Crystal Bottle was!

Attachments

• Visit with Rainbow Cat.rar
    47.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Green Parrot.rar
    14 KB · Views: 109
  • Using the Magic Rope.rar
    41.8 KB · Views: 129

Geron Raveneye

Explorer
You know...reading how you manage to make the magic come alive for your daughter simply makes everything else feel a little magical again here, too. Thanks a lot for that. :D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Geron Raveneye said:
You know...reading how you manage to make the magic come alive for your daughter simply makes everything else feel a little magical again here, too. Thanks a lot for that. :D

That is a great compliment and I apreciate it. I'm sorry that I haven't updated more lately. It seems like it just hasn't quite made it to the top of the priority list lately. But I just found out that a job I was supposed to do this afternoon has cancelled so I should have some time then.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Still having problems with JPEG attachments so I've included the pics as .rar files again. Sorry about that.

As Samantha went in search of the other two Crystal Bottles she saw her old pal, Hobby the Horse sitting in the stables near King Monkey’s Castle. She decided to pay him a visit in order to see if he might have heard of the whereabouts of the treasures she sought. As she drew closer she saw that Hobby was not alone.

“Who is this with you, Hobby?” she asked.

“Why that’s Baby Unicorn! I’m babysitting her while her mother is away eating grass down by the river.”

“Oh,” Samantha replied, “well how are you doing, Baby Unicorn?”

Baby Unicorn giggled as her translucent horn lit up with colors. “I’m fine!”

“Baby Unicorn, have you seen any of the Crystal Bottles? I have to bring them to King Monkey.”

Baby Unicorn looked back at Samantha, fluttering her long eyelashes, “The other day I was playing in the forest and I heard the Troll Wizard talking about some kind of bottle. Maybe he knows something about them.”

“Well thank you, Baby Unicorn! You stay with Hobby now while your mommy eats grass! I have to go get the Bottles! Bye-Bye!” And Samantha the Red was off in a flash.

She knew quite well where the Troll Wizard lived and she knew just as well that he was the greedy sort who coveted money and gems above all else. He challenged her as she drew near. “Who enters my woods?!”

“It’s Samantha!” She walked closer to him and addressed him earnestly, “I need to find the Crystal Bottles for King Monkey. Baby Unicorn said you were talking about them.”

“HA! And so I was!” replied the Troll Wizard. “But I won’t tell you anything about them unless I’m paid!”

“Well, I have some coins in my backpack!” Samantha cried with glee, always happy to have the right solution to any problem. She fished out the coins and gave them to the Troll Wizard. He greedily scooped them up and secreted them in the tree stump where he lived.

“Ok, I’ll tell you where one of the bottles is. It is hidden nearby in these very woods. Look for a hollow tree stump and inside you’ll find it.”

Samantha looked at him expectantly, “And where is the other Crystal Bottle?”

“HA! You’ll have to pay me even more to tell you where that one is!” cackled the Troll Wizard.

Samantha the Red frowned with consternation. “But I’m out of money. I don’t have any more coins to give you.”

“Well then I guess you’ll never find the last bottle,” said the Troll Wizard with a smirk.

“BUT, I DO have a DIAMOND!” cried Samantha with a thrill of recognition.

“Oooh! A diamond! Yes, that will be a good payment for me to tell you where the last Crystal Bottle is! Give it to me!”

Samantha fished the chunk of diamond out of her backpack and gave it to the Troll Wizard. He grabbed it and danced around singing, “Diamond, diamond, diamond!”

Samantha interrupted his gleeful prancing, “That’s enough of that dancing now Troll Wizard until you tell me where the other Crystal Bottle is!”

The Troll Wizard stopped his dancing long enough to quickly tell her its location. “You’ll find the last bottle buried on Mulch Pile Mountain! But you’ll have to deal with the rats when you get there! HaHa! Diamond, diamond, diamond…”

Samantha the Red shook her head at the silly Troll Wizard. She was young but she knew that there was more to life than money.

Such as ADVENTURE! She dashed off in search of the hollow tree stump containing the next Crystal Bottle…

Attachments

• Baby Unicorn.rar
    35.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Troll Wizard.rar
    37.1 KB · Views: 119

Captain NeMo

First Post
I dunno why, but LARP'ing always seems to add +10 to the nerd factor of roleplaying. (no offense) What I've read of this, however, is kinda sweet. In a sugar-coated unicon sort of way. :)

Remove ads