The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Mark Causey

Explorer
Awesome, I'm glad she anthropomorphized the NPCs and talked to them directly. With the dramatic increase in tension you create, I can now easily imagine how she can 'feel' what needs to happen.

God, I think I know how to better 'stimulate' my 'adults' at the table. *sigh*

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Abstraction said:
Any more adventures to tell?

There are indeed. I just need to find the time to tell them. ;)

I should have a little time in the latter part of this week if my schedule doesn't change. Then you'll learn what happened when Samantha the Red journeyed from Mommyville to The Land of the Fairy Princesses!

Clueless

Webmonkey
BTW - Having met Sam the Red in real life - she is absolutely adorable. Especially when pointing out snails in a fish tank. ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Thank you Clueless and die kluge. She said that she had a nice time meeting everybody too. She's pretty shy around large groups until she gets to know people a bit more. She took a particular liking to AdamantinAngel since he sat at her little table with her during dinner.

I've got a spot of bad news regarding the adventure in the land of the Faerie Princesses - It seems I can't find the pictures I took for it. I'm going to look some more but for now I'll skip ahead to...

Adventures in Mommyville: Part 2 – Samantha the Blue and the Descent into the Earth

The cry for help was typical. It seemed that someone was always in need of help when Samantha the Red was nearby. Fortunately for them, she LIVED for adventure. But she had a dilemma. For today she was not outfitted in Red, her traditional adventuring color, but, in fact wore Blue (and grey sweatpants).

It was bound to happen that sooner or later she would wind up without her preferred costume when someone was in trouble. But the question was what she was going to do about it. On the one hand, looking good had no quitting time. But on the gripping hand, adventure was afoot and she wasn’t going to let a little thing like fashion sense get in the way. Without further delay she dashed toward the call for assistance.

She found herself face to face with a talking bear and a well dressed one at that. Whereas she herself had had no time to get properly outfitted, the damsel in distress was wearing a nice pair of jeans, a very cute, little strappy blouse and a smart, red hat that was the envy of someone who usually went by that superlative. Better for all concerned that she skip the discussion about irony and get straight to the adventure.

“What is wrong?” asked Samantha

The bear replied, her voice dripping with gratitude, “My name is Curly Sue and my little friend Pellet the Hamster has gone missing! The last time I saw him he was going down to pick flowers by the stream but he’s been gone way too long and I’m afraid that something terrible must have happened to him!”

“I’ll find him for you,” said Samantha.

“Oh that would be wonderful! Thank you! But you’ll need to find a way down the stream. It’s quite fast and dangerous to be swimming in. You’ll need a boat just like that one over there.” Curly Sue gestured toward a small watercraft with deep gunnels, just big enough for one person and possibly enough room leftover for a distressed hamster.

Samantha wasted no time before hopping aboard and grabbing a nearby paddle. She pushed away from the shore and out into the stream. As the current began to sweep her downriver, Curly Sue called after her, “Oh! And be careful of the Biting Frogs along the riverside! If they try and bite you just poke them in the bottom!”

Samantha shook her head and sighed. “Bottoms. Why does it always have to be bottoms?”

Attachments

• Samantha boards her boat.jpg
    Samantha boards her boat.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Samantha meets Curly Sue.jpg
    Samantha meets Curly Sue.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 205

Remove ads