The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Ha HA! I got the JPG's to work this time so I don't have to do .zips! No "White Screen of Death"!

I'll almost certainly update again tomorrow after I get a bit of work done.

Mark Causey

Explorer
Rel said:
Thank you Clueless and die kluge. She said that she had a nice time meeting everybody too. She's pretty shy around large groups until she gets to know people a bit more. She took a particular liking to AdamantinAngel since he sat at her little table with her during dinner.

awww ._.

Abstraction

First Post
Rel said:
Ha HA! I got the JPG's to work this time so I don't have to do .zips! No "White Screen of Death"!

I'll almost certainly update again tomorrow after I get a bit of work done.

When is tomorrow? Are you, like in Alaska or something and the night lasts six months?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Abstraction said:
When is tomorrow? Are you, like in Alaska or something and the night lasts six months?

Yeah! That's it! ;)

Actually not. I've spent the last couple of months fitting in Story Hour updates on my Faded Glory Story Hour around tons of family activities (my dad's birthday, my sister's birthday, my wedding anniversary and my birthday all fall between the last week of April and the first week of June). But I'm happy to say that it is finally finished as of last week.

The next two weeks are filled with work and then a week at the beach but after that I'll be catching this thread up on all of Samantha the Red's adventures.

Thanks to you and everyone else for being patient.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
As promised: Samantha the Blue and the Descent into the Earth - Part II (expect another update tomorrow)

Samantha guided her small craft out into the rushing river and found herself swiftly being carried toward a raging rapids. She squealed and held on tightly to the gunnels as she was bounced along over the rocks.

(DM Note: This is the part where I dragged her little “boat” down our carpeted stairs. She made the obligatory childish monotone that came out sounding like “UH…UH…UH…UH…UH…” as she bounced down each step.)

No sooner had she cleared the rapids than she was drifting toward a more broad and placid section of the river. She saw the banks were lined with several of the large Biting Frogs that Curly Sue had warned her about. She found herself with a paddle in one hand and her trusty poking stick in the other.

As she came within reach of each frog, the beasts would let out a menacing croak and begin to extend their jaws for the bite. But Samantha hadn’t come through so many adventures without learning a thing or two about monsters. And one such lesson was “poke em’ quick while they are still speechifying!” She delivered a precise poke to the bottom of each Biting Frog in turn and sent them hopping away.

But as she rounded a bend in the river, she saw the biggest, meanest, nastiest Biting Frog of all, sitting on a giant, green lily pad. Knowing that he would be tougher than the rest, she hauled back with the paddle and delivered a vicious smack to the Frog’s head, stunning him even before he could begin croaking. She followed this with a firm poke from her trusty stick and the King Frog was vanquished with ease.

As the ripples from the rocking boat settled on the calm water, Samantha the Blue heard a distant call…a beautiful call…almost a…Siren’s Call. So she did what any adventurer would and paddled off toward it!

Attachments

• King Frog gets whopped.jpg
    King Frog gets whopped.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 190
  • Samantha prepares to deliver the Poke de Grace.jpg
    Samantha prepares to deliver the Poke de Grace.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 181

Gulla

Adventurer
Yay!

Samantha is back :D
I really love this story hour.

I will be stealing ideas for my own "adventures for young boys".

Håkon

Rel

Liquid Awesome
The Siren’s Call brought Samantha to the lair of the beautiful creature. It turned out that the Siren was baking cookies at the time and singing as she cooked.

“Can I have one of those cookies?” asked Samantha in her sweetest voice.
“Not right now. I’m haven’t put them in the oven to bake yet,” replied the Siren who was just dead sexy, even in her hoody sweatshirt.

“Alright,” said Samantha with a sigh. But a cookie was not all she had come for. “I need to get through the gate that the water goes through.”

“Oh my,” exclaimed the Siren, “Are you sure? It’s dangerous down there.”

“Down where?” asked Samantha.

“Well the water pours down into a dark cave and if you fell in I’d be afraid you might drown!” explained the Siren. “That’s why there is a magical gate that blocks the way.”

“I won’t drown,” said Samantha. “And I’ve got to go and save the little Hamster that is trapped down there!”

“Such a noble cause,” said the Siren, beaming with pride. “Very well then, here is the key. Good luck on your quest and come back later and get a cookie!”

Samantha grabbled the key and headed to where the gate blocked the entrance to the cave. She maneuvered her boat next to where the water gushed through the iron bars of the gate and carefully used the magic key the Siren had given her. As the key went into the lock the gate vanished with a *Poof!* and the way was clear.

Just inside the entrance of the dark cave was a narrow ledge perched just above the churning waters that plummeted into the darkness. The ledge looked slippery enough as it was and she was not in ideal footwear. Samantha quickly made the decision to doff her socked feet and attempt the climb barefoot. She stepped gingerly from her little boat and carefully placed a foot on the ledge. Slowly, inch by inch, she made her way across the ledge until she saw a broader stone platform beneath. She hopped down onto this platform and crept down a set of steps that ran next to where a waterfall plunged into the dark depths below.

From far beneath, she felt a stifling heat rising and saw an ominous red glow in the distance…

Attachments

• Samantha gets the key from the siren.jpg
    Samantha gets the key from the siren.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 203
  • Samantha balances over the dangerous water.jpg
    Samantha balances over the dangerous water.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 187

Acquana

First Post
So glad to see an update! Also horribly jealous. Just yesterday these two little ones (both about to turn six) showed up at my door and asked if they could come in. I was a little surprised and asked them to make sure they had permission. They were so cute! And I couldn't help but sit there and think "Huh. I wonder if I could do something like Samantha the Red if kids randomly coming over is going to become a regular thing ..."

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Acquana said:
So glad to see an update! Also horribly jealous. Just yesterday these two little ones (both about to turn six) showed up at my door and asked if they could come in. I was a little surprised and asked them to make sure they had permission. They were so cute! And I couldn't help but sit there and think "Huh. I wonder if I could do something like Samantha the Red if kids randomly coming over is going to become a regular thing ..."

You'd be the coolest neighbor in the neighborhood if you did! But do make sure to get permission from the parents. ;)

Remove ads