The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Heh, Samantha just came running into my office with a double handful of tinfoil and said, "Daddy, you need to make us some swords because Mommy and me are going to play Peter Pan!"

A few strips of cardboard box later and she's armed and dangerous. Now I've gotta go play Captain Hook!

Matchstick

Adventurer
I'm pretty sure she's got a real pretend sword now, right? Will that get worked into the storyline ("Samantha the Red and the Quest for the Sword") given as a reward ("thank you for saving us Samantha the Red, take this sword as a symbol of our gratitude"), or will it just magically get added to her inventory list (and who among us hasn't done THAT at least once)?

Love the homage to the Siren there, good call.

:)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Matchstick said:
I'm pretty sure she's got a real pretend sword now, right? Will that get worked into the storyline ("Samantha the Red and the Quest for the Sword") given as a reward ("thank you for saving us Samantha the Red, take this sword as a symbol of our gratitude"), or will it just magically get added to her inventory list (and who among us hasn't done THAT at least once)?

Love the homage to the Siren there, good call.

:)

She's already had one quick and dirty adventure with the sword within the first day after I got home from GenCon. You can bet it will be appearing in most if not all of her future adventures. It WAS the most expensive thing I bought at GenCon after all! ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
MavrickWeirdo said:
What? No pictures of the "dead sexy" siren baking cookies? :\

What are you? Some kind of Weirdo? ;)

To see the sexy siren, you'll have to check out the ENWorlder photo gallery. It turns out that she doesn't like to be photographed from the wrist up while she's baking cookies in her sweatpants. But she's still dead sexy. :D

Mista Collins

First Post
Rel, this story hour is great. I wish it would have come across my attention sooner (as I don't frequent the Story Hour section often). This makes me want to have children of my own so that I can do the same. Shoot, if i am every in the NC area, will you run an adventure for ME? I want to poke some rats in the bottom. :)

This is a great thing you are doing, Rel.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Mista Collins said:
This is a great thing you are doing, Rel.

Thank you for the kind words, Mista Collins. I appreciate it right now more than you know.

If you ARE ever in NC, look me up. And feel free to attend one of our Game Days. We've got one coming up in April of next year that will be a 2 day "mini-con" and we're hoping to see a lot of ENWorlders there who don't usually make it.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
When I was small, my father used to make up stories and draw pictures to go with them as I sat on his lap. One of the brave heroes of his stories was Pointy Melephant the Pet Elephant, who vanquished evil and saved the princess with his sharp tusks.

My father was quite ill at the time, and he died before my 4th birthday. But the memories he made for me are still fresh. Your tales of Samantha the Red keep bringing tears to my eyes, because even now, I miss him so.

I just want you to know that the gift you're giving your Samantha will stick with her for the rest of her life. Good on you, Rel.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Buttercup said:
When I was small, my father used to make up stories and draw pictures to go with them as I sat on his lap. One of the brave heroes of his stories was Pointy Melephant the Pet Elephant, who vanquished evil and saved the princess with his sharp tusks.

My father was quite ill at the time, and he died before my 4th birthday. But the memories he made for me are still fresh. Your tales of Samantha the Red keep bringing tears to my eyes, because even now, I miss him so.

I just want you to know that the gift you're giving your Samantha will stick with her for the rest of her life. Good on you, Rel.

Thank you, Buttercup. That is a very nice thing to hear. :)

Remove ads