The Quests of Samantha the Red (pictures included-updated 8/5)

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Hi Zardok! Welcome to EN World.

Rel, I pointed Zardok at this thread because I work with his wife, and him too, sort of. Also, we game together. They have a daughter who is almost three. (Or has she already had her birthday, Zardok?)

rebarton2

First Post
As a newcomer to the Chronicles of Samantha the Red, let me echo all the praise. They are truly wonderful. I'm off to invent my own saga for Princess Katie of Fairtower.

Many many thanks, Rel, for the inspiration.

REB

Rel

Liquid Awesome
rebarton2's post reminded me that it has been too long since I posted an update here. I need to finish the current story so that I can tell of Samantha the Red's latest adventures as a Pirate! So...

The entire floor of the room was covered in boiling lava! Samantha knew that she’d be cooked in an instant if she set foot on the floor. Standing well away from the edge, she could see that dangling from a bizarrely shaped stalactite was a net containing a small but struggling form. A form that could only be…Pellet the Hamster!

“I’ll come get you, Pellet!” Samantha cried above the gurgling of the lava. She looked at the layout of the room and guessed that she could possibly crawl across the various rock outcroppings and make it to where the net was tied. But she would have to be very careful not to slip and fall or she would be burned to a crisp.

Taking a deep breath, she made her first leap onto a smaller rock close by. She gingerly extended a foot onto the next stone only to find it rather wobbly. With a cry of fear and elation she rested her weight on the wobbly rock only for a second before springing onto the next, much larger rock.

This big, almost sofa shaped, rock would take her most of the way to her destination. She moved carefully, balancing on the highest part of the stone to stay as far from the lava as possible. When she reached the end of this larger stone she carefully reached out to grab the rope that would lower the net and release Pellet. With a pull, the knot tying the net to the stalactite came free and the net began to fall…right toward the boiling lava!

Attachments

• Onto the first stone.jpg
    Onto the first stone.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Pellet dangles dangerously.jpg
    Pellet dangles dangerously.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Carefully crawling along the stony ledge.jpg
    Carefully crawling along the stony ledge.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 219

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rel said:
With a pull, the knot tying the net to the stalactite came free and the net began to fall…right toward the boiling lava!

...And Samantha the Red learns the heroes' first lesson about rescuing prisoners... :lol:

Ed Gentry

First Post
GOOD HEAVENS MAN! FINISH THIS!

I NEED to know what happened to Pellet!

Seriously...this is the best thing ever. Remarkably creative, completely engaging and fun. Just wonderful.

Thank you, Rel.

Remove ads