The Real Greatest TV Shows of All Time

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Okay, I'm in.

The top (-ish) 10 TV shows of all time, in no particular order.

Steven Universe
Bluey
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
Game of Thrones (seasons 1-5.)
Community
Jessica Jones (This was tough, Luke Cage was in the running, and Daredevil too if we ignore season2.)
Big Mouth
The Simpsons (at it's best it's fantastic, even at its worst it's still okay.)
Blackadder (Seasons 2 & 4 are the best but all are good, yes even season 1.)
Madmen (dog damn it is pretty to watch.)

Probably also in the top 10:
Stranger Things
Nighty Night
Futurama
The Young Ones (very much of it's time but my teenaged self couldn't get enough of it.)
Black Books
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. (yeah, okay, not really top 10 material, but I wanted to mention it.)

Do I need to have watched Breaking Bad to watch it?
Respectfully disagree with Morrus about this one--I think you should absolutely watch Breaking Bad before Better Call Saul (even though I like Better Call better). It's the rare prequel that really really works because it's a prequel. It also does some time and narrative jumps that don't really make a ton of sense without having seen BB first.

Also, BB is a really good show! It's not a slog in any way.

Stalker0

Legend
To inconsistent IMHO old and new.

There's shows with no dud seasons and argueably no dud episodes.
You could also argue that Dr Who is more an anthology show, with effectively a new cast every few years. So I think if you were to say "Dr Who" you would need to pick which Dr and make that your pick.

I would go with Parks and Rec for American comedy, I honestly can't think of an episode it didn't like, that show was hysterical.

Zardnaar

Legend
You could also argue that Dr Who is more an anthology show, with effectively a new cast every few years. So I think if you were to say "Dr Who" you would need to pick which Dr and make that your pick.

I would go with Parks and Rec for American comedy, I honestly can't think of an episode it didn't like, that show was hysterical.

Parks and Rec would be it for US comedy. Community was good but quality dropped in later seasons with the loss of the best characters.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Star Trek: TOS
Firefly
Futurama
The Simpsons
All In The Family
Twilight Zone (original)
Angel
Game of Thrones
Dr. Who (Either series)

Ryujin

Legend
I think that a case could be made for "Due South" as one of the top shows of all time. At least for the first couple of seasons. A show shot in Toronto, doubling for Chicago, about a Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer, working at the local (Chicago) consulate, looking for the murderer of his father, who was also a RCMP officer. It used every trope about the Sgt. Preston of the Northwest Mounted Police type of Hollywood character while laughing at how Canadians think that Americans think of Canadians. The triple-fake was hilarious. No add in music by iconic Canadian performers and add in the BBC involvement to see that seasons 3 & 4 were made, for added hilarity.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases