THE REAL THING Is An Official RPG Based On 80s Band Faith No More

If Wendy's can have an official RPG, why not a rock band? This officially licensed tabletop RPG is inspired by the rock music of Faith No More's 1989 album, The Real Thing, and is on Kickstarter right now. Faith No More started in 1979 in California--although it only got its current name in 1983--and broke up in 1998. They reunited again a decade later. The Real Thing is Powered by the...

If Wendy's can have an official RPG, why not a rock band? This officially licensed tabletop RPG is inspired by the rock music of Faith No More's 1989 album, The Real Thing, and is on Kickstarter right now.

ftm.jpg

Faith No More started in 1979 in California--although it only got its current name in 1983--and broke up in 1998. They reunited again a decade later.

The Real Thing is Powered by the Apocalypse. It describes itself as a 1990's style dark and gritty RPG.Set in the 1990s, it's a 110-page zine-style book, intended to be the first in a 5-part series based on different albums.

First and foremost, this game is for fans of the dark, gritty RPGs of the 1990s. This was the height of Vampire: the Masquerade and its sibling titles. It was when many of us were discovering Anne Rice’s works. It was a time of grunge, the war on drugs, gangsta rap, and the goth-industrial lifestyle. The story is flooded with early '90s ambiance and flavor.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Heh, weird but I can see the inspiration
Back and forth, I sway with the wind
Resolution slips away again
Right through my fingers, back into my heart
Where it's out of reach and it's in the dark
Sometimes I think I'm blind
Or I may be just paralyzed
Because the plot thickens every day
And the pieces of my puzzle keep crumblin' away
But I know
There's a picture beneath
Indecision clouds my vision
No one listens

darjr

I crit!
I got it. :)
I’m not sure I have yet. Blah.

Thanks.

I do really love this idea. Playing a group rock and rolling through the 90s sounds awesome.

If I know my players though they’d find a way to board the shuttle for a world wide concert from orbit.

I once mentioned in another thread that kinks are now insanely specific.

Apparently, the same principle also applies to indie TTRPGs.

Personally, I am going to wait for the PbTA version of Hall & Oates, 70s edition, in Battle of the Planets.

oDlh9O.gif
I get that this is in jest, but I mean, the market is hypersaturated. Niche products have the best chance to attract at least some audience share. I'm all in on DnD 5e, so I dont bother with nearly any other Fantasy RPG unless the concept or the ruleset is really, really interesting.

Remove ads

Remove ads