D&D General The Resurrection of Mike Mearls Games.

Thanks for the support anyone! I was very pleasantly surprised to see that I already have subscribers and backers. Thanks so much!

In terms of owning stuff, it basically means that I could not take stuff released by WotC and try to revise it without their permission. Since I was an employee when I wrote it, the company owns it. There's nothing weird or sinister in that - it's standard practice in gaming.

All that said, my plans are to show off how flexible 5e can be and the sorts of things you can build with it. Spell slots and the class + sub-class approach to class design are just two paths among many.

Oh, and the weight thing - I'm about 30 - 40 pounds down from where I was when I was working on D&D. Plus, I now shave my head!
Please mearls open the minds of the masses. Please show them that 5E is actually ultraflexible and can do a lot with some modding.

In general terms, it normally would: it was a WotC official channel, being made on company time.
Yeah, I couldn't remember if they were first posted on his personal channel or not since all the Youtube links are dead. But, they are apparently still available on the official DnD Twitch channel, so I guess they were "published" by WotC. It's too bad, that version of the Psion was shaping up nicely, certainly more interesting that what we got in any of the UAs. :(

Remove ads