D&D General The Resurrection of Mike Mearls Games.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
And a Paladin design philosophy post today…Im enjoying those glimpsing behind his design thoughts as intriguing as the subclasses. I was always curious back when I first started playing how TSR did designs as I didnt worry about if an average attack could do 4.5 damage, etc, just if it was fun to play. Granted my play style and what I enjoy has changed as I struggle to enjoy an old BECMI or OSR game as a fighter when for 7 long levels my turn in combat is swing once…ouch.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
And a Paladin design philosophy post today…Im enjoying those glimpsing behind his design thoughts as intriguing as the subclasses. I was always curious back when I first started playing how TSR did designs as I didnt worry about if an average attack could do 4.5 damage, etc, just if it was fun to play. Granted my play style and what I enjoy has changed as I struggle to enjoy an old BECMI or OSR game as a fighter when for 7 long levels my turn in combat is swing once…ouch.
Agreed. He's also going to potentially update those, given his reply to me about monks

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Check out Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG. The best warrior of any D&D-like game.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Check out Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG. The best warrior of any D&D-like game.
I always find this kind of recommendation odd. Here's a thread about a patreon, though it's often about a paid product with the seller in the thread..... And recommending a different product. Plus, 4e was the best fighter.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I always find this kind of recommendation odd. Here's a thread about a patreon, though it's often about a paid product with the seller in the thread..... And recommending a different product. Plus, 4e was the best fighter.
The poster was complaining about OSR fighters. DCC has the best one.

Of WotC-era D&D, yes, the 4E fighter is the best. But the DCC warrior eats its lunch by not being limited to the few powers you pick, rather the warrior can do just about any combat maneuver you can imagine.

Remove ads