The Revised Marvel Universe (M&M2)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Maybe it might help give us an idea of what madness to expect.

BTW, what's with Beast being on the current Secret Avengers? Given that they wrote him as having a hissy fit and leaving the X-men when he discovered about X-Force, you think he wouldn't stand for being on a black-ops avenger team. If only Henry got stuck in San Fran and ended up as Bastion's personal ape-lion-skin rug during Second Coming instead of Nightcrawler :rant:

Insight

Adventurer
I haven't collected comics seriously since the late 80s. So that's where the majority of my Marvel references are. The only comics I've read recently are the Dark Horse Conan ones.

Relique: I'm not sure why Beast quit the X-Men, but so far the Secret Avengers have only tackled a Cosmic Level threat, so maybe it has to do with the scope of it? Plus, he was recruited personally by Steve Rogers, whom I would imagine he holds a great deal
of respect for.

Insight: I like Dark Horse, but I'm ashamed to say Ove never read Conan. I have an issue of Krull the Conqueror from the '60's it seems like aConan rip-off.

And don't fret, anyone. I've read comics from
every decade - I'm sure you'll see quite a wide array of references and influences in the game.

Insight

Adventurer
Insight: I like Dark Horse, but I'm ashamed to say Ove never read Conan. I have an issue of Krull the Conqueror from the '60's it seems like aConan rip-off.

Well, don't be too ashamed. Conan (and all "Sword & Sorcery" comics) are a completely different genre from supers and have a completely different feel. They aren't for everyone.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
It's cause Cyclops is acting like 80s Magneto and had Wolverine, (Arch)angel, Telporter, Domino, and X-23 act as the X-Men's secret wetwork's squad. All the while he and Emma were hiding that and other secrets from everyone (and most likely mind wiped to keep X-Force and their other illicit activities a secret).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Distracting, you should know Kull can't be a rip off of Conan cause he was created by Conan's creator BEFORE Conan. But, for added irony, many of the Conan comics are written using plots from Kull and many Kull comics use plots from Conan.

HOWEVER, He-Man is a rip off of both.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Distracting, you should know Kull can't be a rip off of Conan cause he was created by Conan's creator BEFORE Conan. But, for added irony, many of the Conan comics are written using plots from Kull and many Kull comics use plots from Conan.

HOWEVER, He-Man is a rip off of both.

TRUE

Kull the Conqueror and Conan the Barbarian were both written by Robert E. Howard and even published around the same time and set in the same world, albeit at different ages. Kull was born when Atlantis was around and during Conan's lifetime, Atlantis had long since sank beneath the waves.

Remove ads