The Rightful Owner

Bront

The man with the probe
The man chuckles. "Sure you are. You look a little wet behind the ears. Sure you think you can handle yourself?"

"I was hoping for a few more, but I guess you'll do." He says. "You can call me Maleck. And I have a proposition for you. It seems that there is a shipment of coin that has been removed quite unwillingly from it's former owners. I happen to know the route that it will be taking, and propose that perhaps we liberate that coin to those who truely need it. Namely myself, and a few others I'm extending this offer to, namely yourselves."

OOC: Not closed for recruiting, yet, but we'll see how people react ;)

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
"I believe in honesty among thieves... as long as the thieves are friends of mine. To verify they aren't, I need to know who these would-be thieves are. I'd also like to know what the loot is and who they stole it from in the first place."

HugeOgre

First Post
Hedron gritted his teeth at the elf's comment about him being "wet behind the ears" but managed to smile under his hood just the same. Years of abuse at the hands of his tribe mates made such comments roll off his hairy half orc back like water. As he listened to his soon-to-be employer's words he casually thumbed the contents of his meager coin purse and contemplated the opportunity.

"I'm in."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Oh, they are quite clever indeed. They use a legalized form of thuggery called 'Taxes' to steal from each and every one. Quite a good racket if I do say so myself."

"I don't know exactly how much will be on the cart, but I offer you each one tenth of the find. That should be easily at least 1,000 gold."

HugeOgre

First Post
"I dont know what taxes are, but growing up has taught me all I need to know about the lazy bullies. My village had people coming around telling me I had to give half of my hunt to the village, when they do nothing." Hedron offered to no one in particular. The young half elf set his long spear against the nearby wall and brandished a punching dagger before the group. "and the opportunity to teach such people a lesson is exactly what it is needed." Hedron marked the severity of his words by drawing the blade across his other hand.

Xael

First Post
Almayce takes a few seconds to make sure the man is serious, and tries to dismiss the idea that he kind of agrees with him about the legal thuggery point. He sighs and gets up from his chair. "Unfortunately, messing with people who are in position to endorse that level of 'thuggery' sounds more like a suicide than a good idea to me. I wish you luck, but I don't want to know more at this point, so that I don't get into trouble too. Goodbye.", he says and leaves.

*You're going to need that luck.*

OOC: Sorry, but highway robbery is a bit too risky for Almayce. And that's stealing from a bit of wrong kind of people.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Your loss Almayce. Just be sure to keep your nose out of it completely then." says Maleck.

"Well, we'll be needing another hand or two. Cuts down on the split for me, but I'd make myself a lousy reputation if any of you died along the way now wouldn't I? You perhaps know anyone?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Even we will have to cautiously admit that such an endeavour would cause an unacceptable level of risk in staying in this area...for some reason, Orussus has become the only path to power in this world since last we walked it, so we will have to decline, at the risk of stagnating our chance to regain our lost power."

*Zaeryl turns and follows Almayce out of the tavern, sweeping into the darkness.*

Last edited:

Remove ads