The RMU - Avengers Assemble!

Velmont

First Post
Gambit draws five cards from his sleeve. "Jouons cartes sur table. For me, I have a main pleine." He then throw five cards at the nearest goon.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Gambit attack the nearest 5 goons, at condition they each are adjacent to another one because of the shapeable area.

Blast (Area: Sphapeable) vs 5 goons (1d20+9=25) Hit defnses 25. DC starts at +5, and add +1 for each 2 full point over their defenses I hit (Autofire)

All damage is non-lethal.[/SBLOCK]

Insight

Adventurer
This couldn't be the entire attack, Avatar thinks to himself. This is too little... even to be effective against one super, not to mention six of us.

Focusing on the lone remaining opponent, Avatar reaches into the leader's mind and attempts to turn it inside out.

[sblock=Combat]As a standard action, Avatar will use Mind Blast against the leader. Since this is a perception range attack, there is no attack roll. The leader must make a Will (damage) save against DC25. The damage is non-lethal.[/sblock]

Gambit's cards dig into Lt. Stone's chest, but he seems not to react. When they burst, the entirety of the police officer flickers and distorts for a moment, then returns to its static position.

When Avatar attempts to hammer his way into the cop's mind, he finds...that the cop has no mind at all. He appears to be only a shell or fragment of a physical being - perhaps not even that! Within moments, "Lt. Stone" dissipates - vanishes.

"Good job, heroes. That was an excellent display. Thank you for demonstrating your powers so explicitly."

The voice comes from behind you. When you whirl around, you find a figure standing behind Max, holding a gun to the old man's head. The figure is dressed in a long, flowing cape, and his head is obscured by a glassy opaque helmet.

"Now - bring me the hammer, or this old man dies. So says Mysterio!"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Idiot! I clearly stated that you should protect Eisenhard!" outbursts the Mandarin. "And you, nice illusions. Too bad you can only cast such pathetic spells."

OOC: Would using Disintegration on the weapon trigger the headshot?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Delta's personality matrix momentarily asserts itself as she states in her less mechanical voice, "UNIT.DIRECTIVE. CONFLICT.ERROR.
ASSERTING PRIME DIRECTIVE: PROTECT MUTANT LIFE.
OVERRIDE SECONDARY DIRECTIVE: SELF PRESERVATION.
OVERRIDE TERTIARY DIRECTIVE: PROTECT THOR'S HAMMER."

Delta lowers her right gun-arm as she reconfigures her left back into an arm. Once complete, she then places her hand against her breast plating. "Sentinel unit will comply with request."

The plating begins to slide apart revealing a Norse Styled hammer with a handle that appears to be covered with techno-organic circuitry. She grasps the hammer by it's head and steps towards Mystero and Mr. Eisenhardt, extending it's 'handle' towards Mystero. "WARNING! POWER LEVELS INSUFFICIENT TO POWER UNIT! SHUTTING DOWN!"

Delta closes her eyes as she stitches off the unit's various indicator lights. She then channels her dynamo's energy into the "hammer" in her extended hand, causing it to glow. Delta then reasserts her Delta Sentinel personality matrix.
OOC:
No bluff roll because "machine's can't bluff" but if it's necessary, I'm taking a 20 since her whole action is a bluff.

Using my hero point to add a Sentinel Weaponry AP (instead of selective as previously stated.)

Damage 10 (Electric, Aura: PF Selective (Mysterio only)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Cursing herself inwardly for a fool, Valeria keeps her eyes on 'Mysterio.' Her force fields were invisible...it was possible he didn't know what she'd done, or how. She couldn't make assumptions, but...

She watched the gun like a hawk, alert for any sign that he was going to fire, or any flicker of his attention away from her. The moment it seemed safe, she'd try to encapsulate that gun in a force field that would stop the bullet inside from getting out to hit Max.

(Basically delaying action, I suppose. Let me know if there are difficulties with the proposed action. My thought was that the force field would allow his arm to penetrate, thus making it a kind of 'fish bowl' covering the gun but ending at his wrist, so there'd be no visible or tangible effect from it appearing.)

Insight

Adventurer
With the ruse revealed, Avatar immediately begins to suspect that another ruse is in the offing. He scans Mysterio's mind and the area around him for additional mental signatures. If Avatar finds additional minds, he reads their thoughts and sees through their eyes. Otherwise, Avatar focuses his attention on Mysterio.

OOC:
- Free Action: Avatar switches his Telepathy Array from MIND BLAST (Damage) to TELEPATHY (Mind Reading).
- Standard Action: Avatar uses TELEPATHY (Mind Reading) in the surrounding area (50ft burst from Avatar's current position) to determine how many "minds" he can pick up and what they are thinking. Avatar makes a Power Check (1d20+10) opposed by each potential target's Will saving throw. If Avatar beats the opposed save, he can read the target's mind. If this is successful against Mysterio, Avatar will try to find out what Mysterio is thinking. If successful against any other target, Avatar will use the Sensory Link extra to view through the target's eyes. Avatar's own vision is inactive while this is going on.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Kai "Power" Pak

Kai re-solidifies as the new threat manifests. The white blocks in his costume emblem blink briefly, but he says nothing else, afraid to set off the threat their new foe poses to Max.

OOC: Switching active discipline to Gravity, but not acting for the moment.

Remove ads