The RMU - Avengers Assemble!

Insight

Adventurer
Avatar awaits, hovering near whatever cover he can find, waiting for the inevitable attack.

OOC: If it was not already up, Avatar will activate his Mind Shield and Force Field powers

Last edited:

You hear the sound of a squad of about twelve heavily armed troops marching up the stairs outside the apartment. The noise stops as they gather outside the door. Some smell seems out of place - something similar to the smell of burning garlic. You here a raspy voice from the other side of the door.

"Surrender the hammer, and you will be spared."

Silence falls over the room for a moment before Max shouts from his bedroom, "Never!"

With that, the door to the apartment bursts inward, and a crew of twelve armored SWAT officers rush into the room, standing around the perimeter as they peer into the smoke cloud. Each of the SWAT operatives is armed with a shotgun, a pistol, and a small array of stun grenades and melee weapons.

Among the cops is a grizzled, goateed officer. He wears a bulletproof vest and carries a shotgun. He lets out a hacking cough, then spits onto the floor. He then raises his voice. The name on his badge is Lt. Stone.

"We're here for the hammer. Give it up, and we'll leave peacefully!"

[sblock=Initiative Order]
Val
Delta
Mandarin
Gambit
Power Pak
Franklin
Lt. Stone & his cops[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oh I give up." Jokes the Mandarin, before executing a complicated set of moves inside the cloud of smoke. Heat concentrates behind the swat men, and suddenly, a ball of fire explodes engulfing them all.

Fire explosion on the enemies: Fire Dmg DC: 25

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Ooc: I just thought about something. Is the floor entirely metalic? Because one of my attacks is an electric-magnetic blast . Which means it should conduct on a metal floor and strike everyone who isnt propperly insulated or protected by magneto. ;D

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Calculating response." Delta's Sentinel's states in her mechanical voice. The sentinel extends her arms at the SWAT team as they reconfigure, forming two massive blast cannons. At the same time as her arms reconfigure, two dynamos extend from her back and begin to crackle with electrical energy. After a moment, Delta Sentinel's body begins to levitate.

"Being that the Eletromagnetic output of this blast cannon's dynamo is rated at 1.21 Gigawatts, it is more than sufficient to stop a human heart. Unfortunately, you are all standing on a highly conductive metalic surface. The correct enemy response is to surrender... Failure to surrender will result in death via electrocution."

OOC: Delaying until I receive Lt. Stone's response. I will spending a hero point to make delta's blast cannon selective (effecting only the SWAT TEAM), just in case it actually conducts.. If the attack doesn't conduct, I'm aiming to hit as many people as possible with the with attack's "line area" :D

1d20 +10 => 18. Electro-magnetic energy DC: 20

Last edited:

[sblock=ooc]Relique: The floor isn't entirely metal, but long strips of metal run the length of the room.

All: I'll wait to hear from at least Shayuri (1st to act) before revealing the results of your posted actions.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't know who you idiots are," Valeria said with her customary tact, "But you just gunned your way into the wrong high-rise."

As she spoke, she created an invisible barrier between the 'SWAT team' and the front line of her allies. She then continued to watch events carefully, so she could open the field to allow friendly attacks to pas through, but still block enemy attacks.

(Using Create Object, which is Subtle, to create a wall between the badguys and us. The wall has Selective, and I'm defining it as blocking only enemy attacks, and enemy movement.)

jkason

First Post
Kai "Power" Pak

"Wait a minute. SWAT? Ms. Hand, are these guys legit?" Pak asks through the communication relay as he maintains his cloud cover.

Ms. Hand's voice clicks into your communication devices.

"Negative, team. Their badge numbers aren't turning up in the database. This has to be some kind of trick. Protect Eisenhardt at all costs!"

Val's force field flies up in front of the room. As Delta prepares her massive electrical attack and commands the men to stand down, Mandarin chimes in with a smug retort and a blast of fire that engulfs the policemen.

As the flame retracts, Lt. Stone is the only cop left standing, his face charred and covered with soot. He remains in the exact same position, shotgun held in firing position, as if he's been frozen in place.

[sblock=ooc]Gambit's turn now.[/sblock]

Remove ads