• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Ambrus said:
That forest is Maelicent's home; he is one of the spooks haunting the place. He's spent the better part of every night for the past six months out in it without any significant problems. It'd be strange for him to suddenly start acting like it was scary, dangerous or unfamiliar to him.

True. The only difference between then and now is that now I'm actually DMing you through things, and that because of that certain...events...are likely to transpire that will be completely new experiences for Maelicent. I agree, though, if Mael has reached a certain comfort threshhold during his former days lairing on the grounds, that there's no reason he wouldn't think anything of hiking back for the coneys.

'Sides, it's all just more XP for you guys, right? Right? Guys? :p :)

Ambrus

Explorer
Besides, Mael has a certain understanding with the trees and other spooks of the place. The trees leave him alone and in turn he doesn't set fire to the place. :] He remains careful to keep his living self out of sight of the ghosts and in turn they don't take offense at his presence. :uhoh: See, even goblins know how to live in harmony with their neighbors; it's why they've so often found in those big dungeon complexes with the other monsters. *starts singing hands across the dungeon* :D

Ambrus

Explorer
Is it really necessary for someone to go with him? Mael can hide better if he's on his own and doesn't need any light to find his way around. He doesn't plan on bringing all three back; one should be more than enough.

Voadam

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
the ocean is literally right there out my door,

Blink, blink.

Sigh.

I do have blooming cherry trees and azaleas when I go out the door to walk my dog and our community unheated outdoor pool is walking distance so its nice here too (though the gang grafitti and vandalism do mar it more than a bit) but having the ocean right there would be great.

I'm sorry, was there another conversation going on? Oh yes, Maelicent, bring back some branches we can turn into torches on your way back, would you?

SlagMortar

First Post
Would anyone like to go with Maelicent to fetch the al-miraj bodies?
I'm pretty sure Brakkus would be more trouble than he's worth. I imagine Mael's pretty scrawny and very quiet, where as Brakkus would be much more filling and with all his equipment might as well be announcing presence with a bell like the ice cream man. "Fighter! Get your fresh, hot fighter! Right here! For the low, low price of 21 damage! Fight with a will save spell and get a discount!"

All: XP sent via e-mail. Let me know if you did not receive XP.

Ambrus, I'm working on the scenario Maelicent will encounter. I hope to post it this evening, late.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads