• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Rod of Seven Parts: Lanai Team OOC

Arkhandus

First Post
Okay, thanks. :)

Also, another question that came to mind: Do dwarves in your setting all use names like the "Orebiter" noble family of Marrund, or do they usually follow the PHB's sample dwarven clan names?

Fer now the PC I'm working on is a dwarven Pillar of Drendd, Gerak Kurghan, but I dunno if I should go with a clan name more akin to Orebiter in style?

.....Hrm. Also, yet another question niggling at the back of my mind. Proper colors/styling of Drenddite vestments?

Oh, and one last thing I can think of for now.... In your pantheon descriptions, you mention allowed weapons for each deity's clergy. Are these just restrictions on what their clergy may wield, or are they extra proficiencies as well?

(yeah, it woulda been nice if I'd have thought of all these little things to ask before the weekend) :heh:

I'm a traditionalist in many senses of the use of that term; I like names like Orebiter, etc. You may certainly deviate from my preference, however. Name your character as you please.

Likewise, you should style your PC's garments as you please. About all I can do is supply my personal vision of what being a Pillar is all about and hope that you find some glimmer in there that's helpful to you during character creation. Drendd is conservative. He is quiet. He is sedate, still water that runs deep. He is slow to anger. He likes strong, well fortified places. Symmetry is pleasing to his eye. He loves stone, the underground, and the mountains. He cherishes faithfulness, goodness, patience, and duty fulfilled out of love.

Regarding weapons, any weapon that makes my "Weapons Allowed" list should be considered a weapon with which clerics of said deity are proficient.

Arkhandus

First Post
I'll post Gerak Steelriven in the rogues' gallery thread for your review. I still have to type up his appearance and personality descriptions, but I have a basic background in place. I'm not sure where exactly the party is right now anyway (from a brief look at the IC thread, it seems they're in a kuo-toa temple or somesuch? Somewhere?) :heh:

I'll fill in Gerak's appearance and personality bits later today or some other day this week. Figuring out stats alone takes forever. :heh:

The proficiencies/restrictions question was basically to determine if Gerak would be a fighter/cleric or just cleric; I stuck with the latter since you said they are proficiencies. My initial idea was a fighter/cleric, but I ended up just going cleric and taking Tower Shield Proficiency as a feat.

Edit: Oh, also, rolling Gerak's HP on Invisible Castle.
Gerak's HP. The +17 is from 1st-level cleric and 3 levels of Constitution bonus to HP. (2d8+17=26)

That all sounds just dandy. You will begin play tomorrow morning. I will introduce your PC.

The party is currently in a temple situated underground...directly beneath the city. They got there after finding their way through the city into the Citadel Teglund grounds and from there discovered a crack in a rock edifice on the forest grounds near the Citadel. They crept in through the crack and since then have been busy delving beneath the city.

Yes, they're territorial little buggers, aren't they?

Arkhandus, please commence RP in the IC. I have introduced your character.

The Rod is chaotic, after all... :cool:

Arkhandus

First Post
Wierd....

But anyhoo, sorry I didn't add in Gerak's full appearance description and some personality bit yet. I ended up wasting most of the day trying to get stuff done while getting around by foot and by bus due to my bike needing a new tire (stupid thorns), and thus being unusable for my transportation needs today.

I'll add something soon.

I was out of pocket for most of today as well.

You'd provided enough of Gerak's equipment in your RG post for me to create the bare bones of a description with which to at least get your PC placed in the scene. More description will, appropriately I feel, come from you as you begin to post for him. Gerak's injection into the game so very abruptly does have a meta-ish quality to it, I readily admit. Then again, PbP is a slow medium. If we'd waited for a stopping point, we might have had you on hold until the autumn with nary a post. And, as I said just above, the Rod is a thing of Chaos, capable of many wondrous and maddening things. :p Works for me!

Arkhandus

First Post
Are you sure it is the Rod of Seven Parts and not, in fact, seven Rods of Wonder that just happen to link together? :heh:

Anyway, I updated my RG post to include Gerak's appearance description, and a fix to his Protection domain power (forgot earlier to make it +3 on the next save instead of +2, since I had previously expected to make him a Fighter 1/Cleric 2, not a straight Cleric 3 as I wound up doing). I'll update it again later with his personality description, once I get that typed up.

I'll post a little in the IC thread now; also, for reference, Gerak's warhammer is carried over his right shoulder, rather than at his belt. He's got enough junk hanging from the belt anyways. Also, just to note: the sling wrapped about his left arm vambrace is just for use with the Magic Stone spell, thus why he carries a pocketful of miniscule pebbles but no real sling bullets. Anything not described in his appearance description of the listings of his backpack, pouches, or scroll case is assumed to be carried in the pockets of his outfit.

Off to a good start, I see. I'm just coming off a hugely busy weekend, for which I apologize. I wasn't able to give the game the attention it properly deserved. Sorry for that, but hopefully things will be smoother for the remainder of my week.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads