D&D General The Sad Tale of a HeroForge Death Knight

As an experiment I designed and made myself a death knight using HeroForge. It cost me $100. Here’s how it looked on the site after I’d finished designing it. I liked my death knight. I’d designed it from scratch using HeroForge. I was going to give it a name. Make it a named figure in games I wrote. But my dog ate it. Yep, I owned my $100 HeroForge death knight for less than 6 hours. It...

As an experiment I designed and made myself a death knight using HeroForge. It cost me $100. Here’s how it looked on the site after I’d finished designing it.

FA8CEFA8-C8B1-497C-8A01-216BBBFF7AD1.jpeg

It arrived broken, unfortunately, and took ages to get here due to Brexity shipping delays but otherwise I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. These things are not cheap though!

The broken sword is easily fixed with a spot of glue so I’m not too worried about that.

AEEB8367-1E29-4F32-8B89-7BDD5AF02B3A.jpeg

62A1B058-69DF-4B05-A1F2-FCEDF3BBF376.jpeg

I liked my death knight. I’d designed it from scratch using HeroForge. I was going to give it a name. Make it a named figure in games I wrote.

But my dog ate it.

Yep, I owned my $100 HeroForge death knight for less than 6 hours. It is now a mangled mass of plastic.

Life goes on. For me. Not for the death knight.

23551FDD-F9FD-45F8-A3B3-67A0BFB6BF9A.jpeg

The culprit​

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
My first color printed hero forge came in yesterday and another due today. I’m impressed so far and curious about applying a wash on sections. I’ll try it today and see how it turns out.

Still been too scared to order a coloured one.

And pets are the cause of so many broken models! Such a cute dog! I thought it was mine for a second!

Collie / Retriever cross?

pogre

Legend
I always have to put my minis away after a gaming session or my pets double team to destroy them. Cat knocks them off the table and dog chews them up!

Sorry that happened to you!

MGibster

Legend
I honestly don't know if I was supposed to laugh or cry when I read that. So I laughed. That's rough. I'm lucky that my dog isn't interested in putting anything into his mouth that isn't food. At least not since his teething days. I did make the mistake once of leaving a package of gummi worms on the couch only for my wife discover a pile of vomited up gummi worms behind the couch. Fortunately I wasn't home at the time.

I cannot speak for the colored ones, though we have ordered three Figures of the premium plastic option. All were well done, though the occasional fragile issues are to be noted. My girlfriends sorcerer arrived and had it's arm promptly fall off the moment after we took it out of the box. Thankfully their customer service is fairly good. They actually sent us out a second figure after we messaged them. I cannot complain about it. Just make sure if you do go with them you handle them with care. Don't just throw them in a box with dice and other figures.

Remove ads

Remove ads