D&D 5E The "Sealed Envelope" Character Campaign. Would you play?

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Something like this might be fun for a one-shot. Have something like 10 pre-gens per player. Run Tomb of Horrors or similar killer dungeon. If your character dies, take a shot and randomly select a new pre-gen, who coincidentally shows up at just that moment. See if you can complete the dungeon before running out of pre-gens or dying of alcohol poisoning
it occurs to me that this game leaves the DM sober… anyone have suggestions for a rule to fix that?

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Something like this might be fun for a one-shot. Have something like 10 pre-gens per player. Run Tomb of Horrors or similar killer dungeon. If your character dies, take a shot and randomly select a new pre-gen, who coincidentally shows up at just that moment. See if you can complete the dungeon before running out of pre-gens or dying of alcohol poisoning.
sooo.. a DCC funnel with the alcohol front & center. We once played that requiring that you needed to choose someone to make you a mixed drink of their choice & you had to finish it before your next death or just down it. That added an interesting layer of carousel hazard style thing where players who are normally very proactive quickly started pushing another player to do stuff because they were trying not to chug a reverse sazerac sour* or whatever.

*If someone who didn't know any was chosen to make one they could get the GM to mix it,. Really only took one "oh... oh wow... I... I think I'm already drunk" before players started asking their bartender of choice if said bartender knew how to make something with the available stuff.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
sooo.. a DCC funnel with the alcohol front & center. We once played that requiring that you needed to choose someone to make you a mixed drink of their choice & you had to finish it before your next death or just down it. That added an interesting layer of carousel hazard style thing where players who are normally very proactive quickly started pushing another player to do stuff because they were trying not to chug a reverse sazerac sour* or whatever.

*If someone who didn't know any was chosen to make one they could get the GM to mix it,. Really only took one "oh... oh wow... I... I think I'm already drunk" before players started asking their bartender of choice if saids bartender knew how to make something with the available stuff.
As an amateur home-bartender*, this sounds a million times better than shots!

*well, I don’t actually have a home bar. I just keep a few bottles around and like to mix myself and my partner a nice drink from time to time. Though having a D&D tavern-themed home bar and game room one day is a dream of mine.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
As an amateur home-bartender*, this sounds a million times better than shots!

*well, I don’t actually have a home bar. I just keep a few bottles around and like to mix myself and my partner a nice drink from time to time. Though having a D&D tavern-themed home bar and game room one day is a dream of mine.
We played it during a serious hurricane(like high cat4/cat5). Power went out midway through & we just kept playing. Nobody could leave anyways & had nowhere they needed to go so it didn't matter that they couldn't leave for several hours. It was amazing

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...

*If someone who didn't know any was chosen to make one they could get the GM to mix it,. Really only took one "oh... oh wow... I... I think I'm already drunk" before players started asking their bartender of choice if said bartender knew how to make something with the available stuff.
Oh man, I helped playtest the DCC tourney for gencon this year. It was a funnel and you had a reservoir of like 50 level zeros. If you managed to get through you got points for how many were left standing. We had about 8 out of 50... Thats a ton of drinking!

Remove ads