D&D 5E The "Sealed Envelope" Character Campaign. Would you play?

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I'm reminded of some of the Ravenloft adventures that take your characters and slap them into other bodies, like The Created (body jacked by puppets!), Adam's Wrath (brains put into flesh golem bodies!), and one I can't recall the name of where you get Quantum Leaped into people in a castle trying to prevent some past event, and each time you fail, you get put into a new person, farther from your goal...

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Yeah, shots was back in college 25+ years ago... At this point, I rarely drink, and then only mead when we game.
Shots are for when you want to get drunk but don’t actually like the taste of alcohol. At this point in my life, I mostly drink for the taste and don’t generally want more than a comfy buzz. But making a drinking game out of a killer dungeon seems like a good way to get everyone in the right frame of mind for such an adventure. Makes the random unexpected deaths hilarious and fun instead of frustrating.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Shots are for when you want to get drunk but don’t actually like the taste of alcohol. At this point in my life, I mostly drink for the taste and don’t generally want more than a comfy buzz. But making a drinking game out of a killer dungeon seems like a good way to get everyone in the right frame of mind for such an adventure. Makes the random unexpected deaths hilarious and fun instead of frustrating.
Yep, that is why I like to drink mead. Nothing else really tastes very good to me anymore when it comes to alcohol.

Magister Ludorum

Adventurer
Absolutely not. No chance. I roleplay to create and play characters I want to play. I am completely uninterested in half the classes and probably 2/3 of the races in the game.

That’s how it goes sometimes. I would bet a lot of people would feel just the opposite, willing to play a randomly selected pre-Gen, but not to randomly generate a character from scratch.
From experience of doing both I'd much rather take a pre-gen than total randomization, that's for sure. A pre-gen will be coherent, typically, whereas random generation can end you up with stuff which is very messy and hard-to-like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases