The Secret Scion

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bail Human Barbarian

Standing forlornly in the corner is a young human, he's eyes dart nervously around the group, he quickly averts his gaze whenever someone meets his eyes. He seems very nervous and not at all comfortable with the fact that so many seem to have invaded his hiding place. He starts to edge his way towards the exit, casting furtive glances at the invaders, looking for any outward sign that they intend him physical harm.

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander - Half-Elf Spellthief

Kazan realizes that the big brute of a human has eyes only for the elf woman. It might be something that he can take advantage of later, but for the moment, he will not be giving Kazan the time of day. The half-elf does, however, notice another promising subject scuttling towards the door, trying to remain unnoticed. This human is tall and just as strong, but younger by the looks of him. Just the kind of friend Kazan needs.

"Wait a minute boy, don't run away just yet. You look like you are worried about something coming after you. Well, safety in numbers, that's what I always say. Stick with us for a little while. It's better than running the streets alone."

As he speaks, Kazan moves closer to the door. If anyone is going to make a run for it, it's going to be him.

Erekose13

Explorer
Hxaptös Halcyrunne, Cleric of the Dragon Below 1

Did you hear that? That distinctive squishy sound, its THEM, I know it is! Hxaptös thought to the bulge on his arm. He held cradled his upper arm knowing that the Voice did not appreciate it when he elbowed someone with that arm anymore. He ran and ran, pushing his way through the crowd with his free elbow. Ducking around a corner he nearly tripped over a barrel laying against the wall, tendrils of inky blackness trying to snare his leg. He bolted directly across the market square away from the tentacles he had imagined. Spotting a dark doorway he darted inside, hoping that THEY did not lie in wait.*

*A short wiry human with wild long brown hair in a messy mop atop his head opened the door. His eyes are deep brown with a kind of wide eyed stare about them burst in. Slamming into the half-elf. "Wah!" he stammered knocking Kazan into the others. His eyes adjusting he notices only the taller human and the half elf in front of him, ignoring the women in the room for the moment. *

"Good good, you're not them. Shh! or they'll find me." quite agitated the small human turned around ignoring those in the room to peak outside. He looked momentarily to his left arm before saying. "I don't think THEY saw us come in here."

Someone

Adventurer
Harolk, male human fighter

"Well, my name´s Harolk" says the warrior. "What if we go to a more comfortable place and continue talking? I mean" says turning to the other people in the room "I believe in coincidences, but this is ridiculous. Seems that there are people we won´t want to see, but they can´t be all out there."

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bail Male Human Barbarian 1

lotuseater said:
"Wait a minute boy, don't run away just yet. You look like you are worried about something coming after you. Well, safety in numbers, that's what I always say. Stick with us for a little while. It's better than running the streets alone."

The boy flinches as he is addressed, his wide, scared eyes darting from person to person, fear, confusion and anger are etched on his young, rugged features. As he reaches for the door it is pushed open and the boy is forced to quickly scurry back out of the way, dodging past the half elf who had so recently addressed him. A small smile creases his face as he watches the half-elf knocked back into the crowd before his mouth resets itself into a grimace. With the exit being blocked he moves back into the furthest corner of the room, fidgeting with the shaft of the wickedly pointed spear that he grips in his hand "Ghasll kell rekhikal" he barks as he stares sullenly around the room, every muscle taunt, quivering in anticipation, ready for trouble.

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander - Half-Elf Spellthief

Kazan regains his composure quickly, pulling his hand away from the dagger at his belt as soon as he realizes that the newest arrival also means no harm. He makes a mental note to himself to pick a less popular hiding place next time.

"As I said before, safety in numbers. I suggest we take the good Harolk's advice, and find a place we can sit down. Perhaps we'll find we have more in common than just a choice of hidden retreats."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Mel, Changing Rogue (Melphina Delena, Female Elven Princess)

'This is incredable. Something has brought us all togeather, I should find out more.'

Mel smiles a warm and enchanting smile "I think you are right, there is safety in numbers, and for some reason I feel safer with the rest of you here than I did just a few moments ago." She speaks to everyone, but specificly Harolk and Rayni since they have already introduced themselves when she says "My name is Melphina, pleasure to meet you. Perhaps we should find a slightly cleaner place to talk."

Mel pulls her long blonde hair back into a pony tail and adjusts her clothes slightly (tucking here, pulling out there, tying up here, etc) so that they appear different enough to possibly throw off her former pursuers. Her elven ears are now much more prominent.

Erekose13

Explorer
*Hxaptös closed the door slowly, making sure nothing crept in beneath his notice. Turning his attention back to the assembled group, while holding his left arm he said, "Wait THEY are after all of you too?" If you thought he was agitated before, he slowly begins rocking back and forth his eyes thrown open even wider.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Calm down before they think you're more mad than you are already, a snide little voice whispers in Hxaptös' head. THEY were looking for you alone. These people are cover, granted to you as a gift. Use it!

Erekose13

Explorer
*Hxaptös' expression changes almost immediately. He now appears a bit more calm (Bluff +1), "I mean, they as in someone out on the other side of the door, er, introductions right, I am Hxaptös. Were we all sitting down to discuss something?" the wild man says trying to do as the voice commands and appear calm and take control of the situation not that he is any good at that.*

Remove ads