D&D 5E The Secret Under the Stairs (IC)

Fenris

Adventurer
Mark looks, dumbfounded, at Miriam. 'Y... You... You know you were just talked to by... a tree. Right?'

"If it isn't a fruitful conversation, don't worry I am sure it will leave us alone, and that it's bark is worse than it's bite" cracks Brad either out of a sense of denial or acceptance, it isn't clear.

Simon announces, "Okay everyone, I suggest we find Terry, and then make our way to this Estermere place. Maybe once get our bearings, we can find our way back home."

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Apologies for not posting yesterday. Time got away from me. :p

Terry feels power wash over him and through him. Magic floods his senses and he realizes he knows how to manipulate that magic, make it do his bidding...or is it her bidding? He realizes that the woman of light is gone and the forest seems to have gone back to normal. He hears his mother's voice in the distance, calling his name.

Bella realizes that making the magic in the book work for her will require study and preparation...and a clear mind. But, the spells within the books pages promise power and possibilities.

OOC: [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], I'll let you choose what 1st level spells are in the book - pick 6. You'll also need to pick 3 cantrips.

The tree, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Miriam is suddenly shouting for Terry, answers her question, "Well, of course the Queen is from your world. All of the queens are. That's just the way things work here." Its body moves a bit so that its facing Mark and says, "First time talking to a treant, eh? Yes, it can be a bit disconcerting I suppose." The bark of its face creaks as it smiles.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Bella rolls her eyes at Brad's terrible puns but only was half listening to the conversation around her. The book in her hand is calling to her, though she is really unsure why. She looks up when the TREE starts speaking. She gathers herself and her belongings and approaches the tree. "What did you say you are? A Tree-Ant? What is that? What do you mean, our world? What world is this?? And do you know anything about this book?" She thrusts it towards the tree, "What kind of book is it?"

Zansy

Explorer
TERRY CARROLL, PACTMAKER

He feels the surge of magic surging through his body, just ever so subtly emanating from his fingers like the invisible, reverie-like fumes on an asphalt road. He felt as awe-inspiring and powerful as the first time his won a football game. It was intoxicating, beautiful and...tickling?
His hands fidgeted, he couldn't help but chuckle as an a white, magical force gently tickled the palms of his hands. He noticed his glow of his palms expand, growing brighter and brighter whilst taking a greenish tint. The tickling turning into a mighty itch for each hand to unite with the other.
He bright them closer and closer together as the magical glow began to intensfy, until suddenly...
He heard his mom calling him.
"shoot!" Terry cried as he flinched back.
The glow in his hands popped away with a soothing chime once he lost his focus. His family was already searching for him... How long was he gone? Where were his things? He cussed under his breath, Realizing how foolish it was that he must have forgotten all his things by the lilac shrubs. He ran quickly back the way he came, following his family's call, trying to think of a feasible excuse why he ran off.

Last edited:

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Going to give [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION], [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], and [MENTION=8547]Twiggly the Gnome[/MENTION] another week to get posts in.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Smiling with relief when she sees Terry, Miriam looks up at the tree, "How long ago did Queen Miriam come through?" then thinking of some of the things young Miriam wrote in her diary.

"Is she a good Queen?"

Fenris

Adventurer
Smiling with relief when she sees Terry, Miriam looks up at the tree, "How long ago did Queen Miriam come through?" then thinking of some of the things young Miriam wrote in her diary.

"Is she a good Queen?"

'I think it might be was Miriam" adds Brad.

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: sorry, didn't realize you was waiting on me.

'Terry!' Come ON. Lets get to town and work things out from there.'

Remove ads