D&D 5E The Secret Under the Stairs (IC)

Zansy

Explorer
As Terry returned with everyone, he smiled.
"Sorry, guys, I won't let it happen again." he dismissed the issue of his disappearance most casually.
Hesitant to clap his hands together out of habit, his arms retreat when he remembers the events that nearly unfolded in the woods."So, uhh... Uncle Mark!" Terry urged to change topic, gathering what became of his belongings as he did so. "where's this town you mentioned, again?"
With great power comes great responsibility, says every other movie in existence; and Terry only hardly Started to take it all in.

Skarsgard

Explorer
"We might need to worry about it, if and when we get there." Miriam said. Then turning to the tree, "Hang on, how are you speaking english?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Well Mom, it did say that all the Queens here have come from our world, so I guess they needed to learn our language because of that?" Bella shrugs her shoulders. "Let's go find out about this hotel. I hope it's nice so we can all get a good night's sleep and hopefully wake up in our own beds at home after this nightmare is over."

Zansy

Explorer
"Mom and Bella right - the sooner we find a town, the sooner we can find this hotel, and maybe later we can find someone who knows how to make me and dad big again." Terry smiled, somewhat missing an important point.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The tree smiles, its bark creaking oddly, as it replies to Bella, "That is a spellbook, of course. You are a wizard, here, in this world. There are two worlds, yours, and ours. Sometimes people from your world get brought here by the Whispered Ones, usually when a new Queen is to be crowned."

The tree shifts its gaze to Miriam, "Well...I...it would not do to speak poorly of the Queen. You understand, I trust? As to how long ago, well, time doesn't work the same here as it does in your world, or so I'm told. I really don't know how much time may have passed in your world since Queen Miriam arrived. Its been nearly 100 years here."

The tree continues, "English? Oh, your language. Of course. Our worlds are connected, you see, so languages have a tendency to cross over as well. Its been thousands of years here since the first person who spoke, what was it you called it? English? Yes, since the first who spoke English came here. Most everyone here speaks it now and has for quite some time."

As the family prepares to leave, the tree offers parting words, "Remember, its not wise to speak out against the Queen."

After about an hour, the family emerges from the forest and can see a large lake with a medieval looking town on the shore as they crest the top of a small hill. To the east, a grand palace glints in the sunlight, seemingly made of crystal and gold, situated on a high plateau overlooking the entire region.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

Miriam's mouth is wide open as she takes in the palace. "Holy sh..." she starts and then looks guiltily at her children.
"That's the Queen's castle? I guess its OK.""

Looking at the town seemingly dwarfed by its neighbour she starts down the hill.
"I wonder how common people from our world are?" she ask her husband. "If I was a Queen and my replacements always came from another world I would make sure I had people on the lookout for strangers from another world. It might be prudent not to mention were we are from and let people assume we are travellers?"

She frowns, "We might need to have an agreed upon cover story before we make contact?"

Remove ads