D&D 5E The Secret Under the Stairs (IC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Bella's backpack has become an old fashioned leather pack, well made and sturdy, full of an assortment of interesting baubles. Travel rations (dried fruits, nuts, and dried meat), a medieval set of cosmetics (the sort one might see a noble wearing), a small perfume vial, another vial full of a reddish liquid, a tinderbox like the one Mark has, an old fashioned waterskin, a large book, and several pouches full of odd components (sand, rose petals, tiny bells and silver wires, and a variety of other oddities).

Bella watches her mother, father and brother all wander off in their own directions. She wipes her tears with the back of her hand then goes over to her now changed belongings. She drops to her knees to look them over, carefully inspecting each item. "Brad, what is all this... stuff??" She gathers up the food like objects, "Who eats this??" she says, scrunching her nose at the dried meat before jamming it into the bag. She opens and quickly closes the cosmetics, "I suppose they don't have a Sephora here, wherever here actually is," she mumbles. She smells the perfume and shrugs, it was different than her usual scent but pretty enough. "I wonder what this is?" she asks, holding up the reddish liquid. All that plus the tinder box and waterskin get shoved into the bag. "What the heck is all this little stuff, sand and leaves and twigs and... is this butterfly wings??" she asks with a disgusted look on her face. "Ugh!" Everything is now in her bag except the book, which she opens to look at. "Maybe this can tells us what is going on."

Fenris

Adventurer
Brad wanders over to Bell and sits down next to her. He shrugs his shoulders, the reality of this place slowly settling over him. "I don't know Bella, looks like old school stuff, you know like in the Old West or something."

mips42

Adventurer
'Look, guys. Wherever we are, this is not where we want to be. lets try to find some water and shelter and deal with getting home, then.' Why can't they see? Theyre here and they still don't see.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

"Is everyone OK? Don't wander off kids, we don't know what is out here." As she walks over to her children she finds the moment effortless and she is surprised by how quickly her new bodies long strides get her there. She felt there was much more potential to her younger frame.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
The hummingbird flits away, frantically muttering to itself.

The tree extends a long branch ending in twig-like fingers down to Miriam, apparently wanting to shake her head, despite the fact that it's bark-covered appendage is the size of her torso.

"Queen Miriam of course. As for how you got here, well, you must have stumbled on to one of the portals. There are doors between this world and that...other place. The place you come from, no doubt. If its shelter you seek, there is a village not far from here. Estermere it is called. They have an inn, the Jackalope's Antlers I think they call it. Odd creatures, jackalopes."

The book in Bella's hands has symbols and writing in a language she has never seen before...yet understands perfectly. They are words of power, formulas for magic, instructions for spells. One to put enemies to sleep, another to charm, yet another to create illusions. She realizes by reading the formulas that the odd things in the pouches are part of the spellcasting process.

Meanwhile...

Terry has wandered deeper into the woods, following the singing voices. Quite suddenly the woods become dark and ominous, filled with shadows and shapes moving in those shadows. The song takes on a somber tone, the voices singing of destiny, fate...and a choice.

The choosing draws near,
It is you she shall fear,
Our voice must be heard,

Will you serve us,
Fight for us,
Heed our every word?

Fate has called you,
Destiny compels you,
Our power conferred.

A ghostly white light in the vague shape of a woman floats out of the shadows and stands before Terry, holding out its hand.

Zansy

Explorer
Terry Carrol

Terry sees the light beyond the dark woods, captivated by this woman and her beauty, her voice, her aura. He extends his hand, with little to no thought nor hesitation, to the shining woman and reaches out to accept her hand.
OOC: is there a save involved or something? ^_^; I'm gettin' a little nervous, though I'm not sure if it's because of this. I'm not sure I remember how to roll dice anyway >_>

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
The book in Bella's hands has symbols and writing in a language she has never seen before...yet understands perfectly. They are words of power, formulas for magic, instructions for spells. One to put enemies to sleep, another to charm, yet another to create illusions. She realizes by reading the formulas that the odd things in the pouches are part of the spellcasting process.

"I'm okay Mom," Bella says while engrossed in her book. She isn't certain how she knows what any of it means but she is certainly curious to find out... she goes through her little fun bag to dig out some ingredients and give casting a spell a shot.

OOC: OOC: Since I don't know what is in my spell book, I don't know how this will work but gonna try it anyway ;)

Skarsgard

Explorer
"Sorry but I don't know a Queen Miriam....." she frowns and thinks. "Hang on, did this Miriam come from my world as a young girl? I think we live in what used to be her house."

Lost in thought for a moment she notices that one of their number is missing.

"Where is Terry?" Miriam asks as she looks around.
"Terry!" she calls out loudly and moves towards were she last saw him.

Remove ads