D&D 5E The Secret Under the Stairs (IC)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Uncle Mark, have you been hitting the bottle?" Bella asks incredulously as she pulls the warm key off her neck, letting the chain hang off her hand. "Yah, things have been weird but like, not ET Alien weird. I don't think anyway. Maybe we're all just tired from the long ride in the car and all the crazy shi-," she looks guiltily at her mother, "Er crap going on with this move. Or maybe we just all ate something bad. Or maybe we're on like one of those crazy camera reality shows. That's it, isn't it? I always knew I'd be on tv someday. Well, ha ha very funny." Bella gets up and squeezes next to Brad. She looks up at him, "You must think my whole family is out of their minds, well, maybe they are but they aren't usually THIS bad." She sticks the key in the door and turns it, trying to open the door at the same time.

Fenris

Adventurer
Brad looks at Mark, "I dunno, I didn't study tautology. And Bella's right, people see aliens and yet there is no proof. And I don't know what you guys are doing grabbing your heads and belly's. Can't you handle your burgers?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Terry tries to stand...

Brad heads for the closet door...

Miriam leans on the coffee table for support...

Brad reaches for the door...

Suddenly, Bella is there, with the key...

Simon lunges for Bella...

Beyond the Door

A flash of white light, everything spinning, a noise like thunder, a smell of...

Lilacs?

Miriam can feel the soft grass against her cheek as she comes to, the blades tickling the top of her pointed ear. Pointed ear. She can feel her body now, slender, graceful, powerful. Something has changed...she has changed.

Terry is lying on his back with his backpack scrunched up underneath him uncomfortably. His football gear and his bat were...not what they were supposed to be. Leather armor and a long staff...and his backpack was old and made of leather, the contents spilling out a bit revealing a small crystal prism on a chain instead of his cell phone, a medieval looking knife instead of his swiss army knife, several strange coins made of silver and copper instead of his pocket change and an even stranger coin made of gold instead of his lucky Canadian coin, trail rations of some sort instead of the junk food he'd stashed in the pack, and a small vial of strange fluid instead of his hair gel. The only thing relatively unchanged was his sewing kit, though all the needles looked like they were made in medieval times. When he looks up he realizes that his perspective was strange somehow, like everything around him was much larger than it was supposed to be. As he looks down at himself, he realizes that it was him who had changed.

The first thing Bella notices is that the key in her hand had changed. It was ornate now, with little flourishes and designs and a small jewel on the handle. The chain it was attached to was now silver. There was a book in the grass near her left hand, an old leatherbound book that looked like it had been made by hand. And she realizes that her body is different...more slender, more poised, more powerful. And she can feel the strange points on the tips of her ears.

Brad didn't feel much different. He knew he was sitting on grass all of a sudden but his body was pretty much the same. Except...why did the top of his ears curve in to slight points now?

When Simon had lunged for Bella he had almost reached her. Now, he was a good three feet away. He realizes that its because he himself, is about three feet shorter than he was before. His nose had grown as well, he could see it below his eyes, a rather ponderous and bulbous thing. His medical bag was with him, but it had changed, now containing old-fashioned bandages and salves. His tranquilizer gun was once again a crossbow. His multi-tool and computer was a strange set of tinkering supplies now.

Mark had not changed, at least not physically. This much he was certain of. He had a feeling he'd been here...where ever here was...before. But he could feel power inside of him. Power he could not explain or easily contain. It flowed within, waiting to be unleashed.

There was a lilac bush nearby, the smell wafting in the breeze. Apple trees were scattered about and soft grass covered the ground. A stream burbled nearby. A hummingbird buzzed about, watching the strange people as they awakened. In the distance, they could see a castle, like something out of a fairy tale or a Disney movie.

OOC: [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6787159]Skarsgard[/MENTION], your character sheets don't list the stuff you had with you so I left out any "gear conversions" - please list anything you might have had with you or nearby in your next post and I'll describe the changes to it in my next post. Thanks.

mips42

Adventurer
OOC: Keys, wallet, watch, pen(s). If Mark had come straight from work, then possibly would have had his tactical belt with flashlight, pepper spray and baton(club). DEFINITELY not a smart phone or other electronics.

'What happened? Where... oh. Oooooooh crap. I hate to be the one to go there but, we are most certainly not in Kansas, guys.' Mark will get up, look around and try to help anyone who looks like they need it, all while keeping an eye out around him.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Apologies, made it into the first post but not my sheet!

[SBLOCK=Bella's Stuff] Purse contents, be warned, like me, Bella carries a lot of stuff!!

Arabella Carroll was the Captain of the Cheerleading squad at her old school, and they had been state champs two years in a row. There were many, many perks of being Captain and also some actual responsibilities. One of those responsibilities was being prepared for anything, something Boy Scout Brad has also been working on with her.

Currently on her person, assuming the long car ride, was her pink, iPhone with jeweled cover, her iPad covered in a picture of her and Brad kissing in their respective cheer outfits, pink headphones, her sun glasses (case in backpack) and the ever present lip gloss.

In her pink backpack, which she usually has with her:

Wallet with her NEW driver's license, money, credit card from her dad for emergencies
Keys
Breath Mints and Gum
Makeup case including: compact (mirror) powder, eye shadow, liner, mascara, blush, lip liner and lip stick/gloss in multiple colors, roll on perfume, blotting wipes
Vaseline (small, for lips)
Nail Polish, multi colors
Mani / Personal Kit (metal nail file, tweezers, scissors, nippers, clippers)
Deodorant
Meds - Tylenol, Motrin, Midol
Tampons
Band-Aids and Neosporin Spray
Floss
Lotion
Hand Sanitizer
Hair Brush / Scrunchies / Bobby Pins
Tissues
Lighter (for...? ;) )
Small Sewing Kit with Safety Pins and Double Stick Tape
Water Bottle (large)
Snacks - Granola Bars (3), Reese's Pieces (1)
Underwear (2) - Ya never know ;)
Jewelry - multiple Alex and Ani bracelets, high school ring, pink sapphire and diamond heart necklace from Brad
Multiple scraps of paper of "old fashioned" notes from friends and Brad

[/SBLOCK]

Skarsgard

Explorer
Miriam

"What the hell happened?" Miriam asks, still slightly dazed. She pushes her hands underneath her and moves to stand up. Before she realised what had happened her body had reacted and flipped her up to her feet, standing with her arms held out like she was an extra in a Bruce Lee movie.

For the second time in moments she utters, "What the hell happened?" as she looks down her body, not her body, a strangers body. The legs were longer, more muscular, more powerful than her own, she felt as if she could kick a car door off its hinges. Her arms tapered to slender hands but as she moved them around in wonder she noticed the callouses on her knuckles. The same hands moved to her face, a young wrinkle free face and found her new pointed ears.

It felt odd, as if she was touching someone else, guiltily her hands snapped to her sides in embarrassment. Taking a look around she notices that everything is slightly sharper in perspective, as if she were viewing the world through a clear-cut crystal. It was then she noticed the strangers arrayed around her looking at themselves with the same combination of wonder and dread.

Seeing the small man she cocks her head and her eyes widen with realisation. "No!! Simon? Is that you?"

Zansy

Explorer
TERRY CARROLL

Rising from his still spilling pack, Terry is as shook up as an arcade pinball machine. He sees everything looks bigger, farther than it used to be, while at the same time he feels peppier than usual, as if the NFL season started anew, or something similar.
The jock saw how small he's grown in seconds, and how he greatly he dislikes being a "pipsqueak" or "small fry" as he would call them. Somehow fear has escaped Terry, for the time being, but he has bigger problems right now than fretting whether he is afraid or not.
"Oh god, Where are we?" he asked. "and really, why do I look like a hobbit? he echoed his sister's earlier remark.

Remove ads