The Seven Deadly Sins...

Mr.Satan

First Post
I've created a template based upon the sin of Lust. I'm curious to see what others would come up with that are based upon the remaining 6 sins...Envy, Gluttony, Greed, Pride, Sloth, and Wrath.

Lust fiends are known as Heartless, because they're a perversion of love.

Here is Lust...

Fiend, Heartless

[Description]

Creating a Heartless

“Heartless” is an acquired template that can be added to any evil- aligned creature (referred to hereafter as the “base creature”).

The heartless uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except, as noted here.

Size and Type: The base creature's type (unless it is Construct or Undead) changes to Outsider. The base creature also gains the daemon (neutral evil), demon (chaotic evil), or devil (lawful evil) subtype, as well as any perspective alignment subtypes. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: An heartless has maximum hit points.

Speed: The base creature's speed doubles.

Armor Class: A heartless retains the armor bonuses of the base creature and gains the following:

- Deflection Bonus (Ex): A heartless gains a deflection bonus equal to it's Charisma modifier.

- Insight Bonus (Ex): A heartless gains an insight bonus equal to it's Wisdom modifier.

Special Attacks: A heartless retains the special attacks of the base creature and gains the following:

- Belittle (Ex): As a standard action, a heartless can belittle creatures. This is a mind-affecting effect that originates from the heartless and extends outward in a 25 ft. + 5 ft./2 Hit Die cone. All opponents within the cone must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Charisma modifier) or be stunned for 1 round. Those who succeed on their saves but remain within the cone must continue to save each round that the heartless continues to belittle them. After being stunned, opponents become shaken for 3d4 rounds.

- Blinding Beauty (Su): This ability affects all creatures within 100 ft. + 10 ft./Hit Die of a heartless. Those who look directly at a heartless must succeed on a Fortitude (DC 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Charisma modifier) save or be blinded permanently as though by the blindness spell. A heartless can suppress or resume this ability as a free action.

- Deadly Glance (Su): As a standard action, a wrathful heartless can kill or stun a creature within 100 ft. + 10 ft./Hit Die with a look. The target creature must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Charisma modifier) or die (if the heartless intends to kill the creature) or be stunned for 2d4 rounds (if the heartless intends to stun the creature).

- Embodiment of Lust (Var.): A heartless gains the Lust (i.e. Love) Portfolio (see Chapter 3 for more details on Portfolios). If the heartless is not possessed of a divine template, it only gains the first tier of attributes associated with this portfolio (i.e. Disciple). If the heartless is possessed of a divine template, it gains each tier of attributes associated with this portfolio normally.

- Intoxicating Scent (Su): Any creature that comes within 100 ft. + 10 ft./Hit Die of a heartless must make a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 Hit Dice + Charisma modifier) or be intoxicated by it's pernicious aura. This ability works like a mind fog spell; it's effects persist as long as the victim remains within 100 ft. + 10 ft./Hit Die of the heartless, plus an additional 2d6 rounds. A heartless can suppress or resume this ability as a free action.

Special Qualities: A heartless retains the special qualities of the base creature and gains the following:

- Damage Reduction (Su): A heartless gains damage reduction equal to half it's Hit Dice (round down; 5 = minimum). If the heartless has 20 total Hit Dice or less then the damage reduction will be DR x/aligned (chaotic [if lawful] or lawful [if chaotic]) and magic or x/aligned (good) and magic. If the heartless has greater than 20 total Hit Dice then the damage reduction will be DR x/aligned (chaotic [if lawful] or lawful [if chaotic]) and epic or x/aligned (good) and epic.

(i.e. A 10 Hit Dice chaotic evil heartless gains DR x/good or lawful; and magic, allowing aligned [good or lawful] magic weapons to bypass it's damage reduction.)

- Spell Resistance (Su): A heartless gains spell resistance equal to 10 + it's Hit Dice.

Saves: A heartless gains a profane bonus to it's saves equal to it's Charisma modifier.

Abilities: A heartless gains +18 Charisma.

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +9 (with no equipment), or +14 (with 21 levels of equipment).

Alignment: Any evil.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +14 (with no equipment), or +21 (with 21 levels of equipment).

Hey Mr.Satan! :)

Interesting, although I believe there to be 10 sins and 10 hells. ;)

Those missing from the classic seven are Acedia (Discouragement), Despair and Vanity.

I have them all mapped to various Archdevils with Greater (Cardinal Sins), Lesser and Least (Venial Sins) Devils based on each.

Mr.Satan

First Post
Interesting theory, but you've missed a couple points...

1. I never stated this template was for devil creation only. In fact, it's designed specifically for the creation of daemons, demons, or devils.

(i.e. It's not limited to Hell.)

2. It's intended to cover the more familiar seven deadly sins. Although, templates of a similar type could be constructed for additional sins.

Merry Christmas Mr Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
Interesting theory, but you've missed a couple points...

1. I never stated this template was for devil creation only. In fact, it's designed specifically for the creation of daemons, demons, or devils.

(i.e. It's not limited to Hell.)

True but I always thought the sins imply premeditated acts of evil, as such they really suit the devils rather than the demons or daemons.

Plus I think the Devils really need something extra to set them apart from other evils.

2. It's intended to cover the more familiar seven deadly sins. Although, templates of a similar type could be constructed for additional sins.

Demons - Elementals shaped by evil
Devils - Angels twisted by evil
Daemons - Immortals dessicated by entropy
Slaad - Random Thoughts spawned by madness

Hammerheadd

First Post
Interesting I wasn't sure there was going to be daemons in your books as they seem to have turned most of the old daemons/yugoloths into just demons. Also for new devils how about a "Blue Devil" which makes you sad somehow :(

Howdy Hammerheadd! :)

Hammerheadd said:
Interesting I wasn't sure there was going to be daemons in your books as they seem to have turned most of the old daemons/yugoloths into just demons.

Well lets just wait for some books of mine before counting our daemons. ;)

Also for new devils how about a "Blue Devil" which makes you sad somehow :(

I have all the devils colour coded by their occult dsignations.

Despair Devils (from the fifth layer of Hell) would actually be black, not blue. :devil:

Remove ads