D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

Jack99

Adventurer
Got Milk Jack? I laughed. If I could, I would have given you XP for that, but I need to spread the love, apparently.

I went back and checked the pics on twitter and the new products listed by quarter.

1st Quarter:
Gazeteer, The Nentir Vale
Fortune Cards
Player's Option: Heroes of Shadow
Deluxe Dungeon Master Screen

2nd Quarter:
Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium
Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond
Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale

3rd Quarter
Players Handbook, Champions of the heroic tier

4th Quarter
Ravenloft Roleplaying Game

and that's all... maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Jack, thanks again!

So 9 new products and confirmation on a few others. Not bad.

And no "roman numeral" books for 2011, with only 1 (?) confirmed hardback, and minis still unclear. But lots of do-dads. Love the do-dads.

And no "roman numeral" books for 2011, with only 1 (?) confirmed hardback, and minis still unclear. But lots of do-dads. Love the do-dads.

I've just listened to the podcast of the D&D Preview at GenCon. According to Bill Slavicsek, only the Gazetteer and Heroes of Shadow books will be softcover, the rest will be hardcover (Player's Handbook, Emporium) or boxed sets. And they're planning a minis set for 2011.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Ok, lets go over them:

Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium: supposed to be hardcover

The Shadowfell: Gloomwrought and Beyond. Box set (?)

Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale ? Box set?

Player's Handbook: Champions of the Heroic Looks like a hardback

Ravenloft Role Playing Game I would guess boxed set

New Conquest of Nerath Board game Must be boxed set

Neverwinter Campaign Guide for Forgotten Realms Probably hardcover, but could be box

Hero Builder's Handbook probably hardback

Madness of Gardmore Abbey boxed?

Ok, so thats more like 3, maybe more.

fba827

Adventurer
Renamed Wrath of Ashardalon Dungeons of Dragonfire Mountain D&D Boardgame November 16, 2010

For what it's worth, WotC's product website still says the November date, but Amazon moved the date to December and during an unboxing of the Ravenloft boardgame (with Trevor Kidd of WotC and Dave of Critical Hits Gen Con 2010: Castle Ravenloft Board Game Unboxing Video : Critical Hits) near the end of the part2 video, Trevor says something like "And [The Ravenloft Game] is compatible for some mixing with the Wrath of Ashardalon game coming out in January, I mean December"

Having said that, alone, neither amazon nor a random quote is 'evidence' (especially since there was even a misspeak in the quote itself). But signs are starting to point that way.

Please feel free to point out any errors or ommisions. And opinions, as always, welcome.

Typeo there -- "omissions" (one m)... I think. :)

Dire Bare

Legend
I don't think the Player's Handbook Races: Humans is in limbo . . . based on comments I'm picking up from the GenCon scoopers, it's dead. The "Player's Handbook Races" format wasn't working for WotC.

Which is fine with me. A book all about us boring humans (in D&D context) sounds kinda boring.

Yeah, that should be it. I'm not sure on the Neverwinter Campaign Guide myself; my guess is that it's a hardcover.
I'm interested in this Neverwinter book/box/whatever. My introduction to D&D and the Realms came from Baldur's Gate I and subsequent related games. To this day, the Sword Coast is the only part of FR that I find especially interesting.

I don't think the Player's Handbook Races: Humans is in limbo . . . based on comments I'm picking up from the GenCon scoopers, it's dead. The "Player's Handbook Races" format wasn't working for WotC.

Which is fine with me. A book all about us boring humans (in D&D context) sounds kinda boring.
Yeah, from what I read, it sounds like the book is dead, but that the material (and maybe similar material for other races) will likely still make its way into a different book format. They made it clear that it was a format problem for retailers, rather than lack of interest from consumers.

If you ever looked at those thin little Player's Handbook Races books on a store shelf, it's clear what the problem is: this product has no visibility. It's so thin that the spine doesn't even have room for a label, and so on the shelf it just looks like some dinky adventure or folio tucked between hardcovers. If a player/customer even notices these books on the shelf, it's too easy to mistake for any other thin product that fat fingers might pull out along with it. All in all, these books had no way of getting customers' attention from the shelf, and sales almost certainly suffered because of this.

Remove ads