D&D 5E The "Stop Trying to Impose Your Playstyle" Argument

ccs

41st lv DM
This is sort of besides the point but I'm interested in the response.

I assume that psionics won't be a book of it's own but instead a section within a book on alternate systems or soemthing similar. Would you not buy a book jsut because it contains a class and some spells you don't like? This goes for [MENTION=6880599]ClaytonCross[/MENTION] and guns/artificer as well.

For the record I don't like guns or psionics in DnD either...

Well, I suppose I might buy it if I'm giving it as a gift....

Otherwise that's correct, I'm not buying it

The larger point is that there are some folks on here who quite strongly promote their ideas as "the only way to game" and it is impossible to have a conversation with them when it comes to opinions of game design and gameplay. Moderation is needed because their posts often become insulting, derogatory and generally disparaging towards people and ideas that don't align with whatever their opinion on "a good game" should be. It's not in any particular rule violation, so yes I understand if you're one of those sort of folks who likes to toe the line, not breaking the rules but walking right up to them and leaning over the line a little bit should not be punished, but it creates for a bad environment when the only card to play is brinkmanship.

In other words, they disagree with you.

Satyrn

First Post

It's not just them disagreeing, though.

I totally, regularly see any what shidaku's talking about. It seems like nearly every time anyone stays involved in a disagreement for a few pages, they veer closer and closer to that brink.

Elfcrusher started this thread to ask us to not use a specific argument. I think we'd be a better community if we stopped using any argument.

I'm a dreamer.

S

Sunseeker

Ah, silly me, I wrote all those sentences explaining my point in detail when what I really meant to say is that noone should ever disagree with me.

What ever would I have done without you [MENTION=3547]Matrix Sorcica[/MENTION]

Remove ads