The Suicide Squad - Official Behind the Scenes (2021)

Well, we didn't get a trailer from D.C Fandome but we did get a behind the scenes look

I wasn't aware of of a number of characters like polka-dot man....

Ryujin

Legend
I hope and expect a lot of them won't make it to the end of the movie with a cast that size.

That's kind of the point of the Suicide Squad; they're criminals and eminently disposable. The "don't get too attached" comment is pretty telling ;)

This behind the scenes video shows why I'm more looking forward to Suicide Squad than I am the next Batman movie. I like the old "Detective Comics" Batman and will take a compelling story over 'splosions, but I don't get a good vibe in that way from the Batman trailer, so I'll take the body count romp.

Ryujin

Legend
Yeah wasn't really the case on the first one though was it.

Nope, but that was more what I'd call the "Will Smith and Harley Quinn Showcase", than I'd call it "Suicide Squad." I did like what Robbie did with the character and she put a lot of work into it. (They didn't need to have her constantly flash skin.) Will Smith played Will Smith, as is so often seems to do these days. Everyone else, even truly compelling characters like Katana and Diablo, felt like cameos. I felt that Quinn was much better served in "Birds of Prey", though most of my cinefile friends didn't like it.

That's why I'm looking forward to Gunn's take on it.

Ryujin

Legend
Judging by Birds of Prey's performance at the box office, perhaps they did...

I saw almost no media push for it so, here at least, it was bound to fail. My closest local megaplex theatre didn't show it either. I ultimately watched it by buying access on Google Play and watching it via Youtube.

Remove ads