The Sunless Citadel [IC1]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
This circular area is cobbled with cracked granite, upon which sprawl four goblins, all apparently slain in combat. One stands with its back against the western wall [AO-13], the killing spear still skewering it and holding it upright. Two more wooden doors lead off from this the area. Above, a hollow tower of loose masonry reaches 30 feet, but the intervening floors and stairs are gone, except for a couple of crumbled ledges.

<<OOC: Who is carrying the torch? It requires a spare hand.
What are you going to do next?>>

[sblock=Map]
SCEnc4Map1A.png
[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Eivan walks into the room, relaxing once he determines it is devoid of live occupants. "These goblins must have been killed recently..." he says, grimacing at the smell. "Perhaps by the people we're looking for?" He then bends down and examines some of the other goblins to see if he can determine how they were killed.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry, I forgot about the torch. I'll say that Eivan loaded the crossbow, but left it on his pack, then - the torch is the only thing he's carrying.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Dere were three dead in the trap where I fell." states Krindorf. "Eivan, use yer torch, dis big usless ball of mat dat is George can't see anything in di dark, di poor fool. Ye ain't gonna hit anythin' with dat thin' anyways, heh."

OOC: I'll take 10 to search traps.

grufflehead

First Post
As Gregor heads over to the southernmost door and Eivan and Krindorf search, Brunhilde moves into the centre of the room and remains alert for anything coming from the other door.

OC - Move to AR13 and ready an action to attack if anything comes at me from the north door.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The goblin corpses are not too fresh, maybe been dead a month or so, and rats have been gnawing at them. If the spear is any indication, the rats are probably not the original cause of death.

<<OOC: Need more specifics on where Krindorf is searching for traps.>>

WarShrike

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Open or closed doors, Gregor isn't in a hurry to blunder into a trap, so he's staying close to the wall. Oh, and the door i'm aiming for is the north one, not the south one.[/sblock]

[sblock=Errandir]You can aim and fire the crossbow with one hand, but you need both hands to reload it.[/sblock]

Errandir

First Post
Having found nothing of interest about the dead goblins, Eivan follows Gregor over to the upper door. He positions himself in a good vantage spot and waits for Krindorf to finish searching the room so the party can proceed.

[sblock=ooc]Move to AQ 14[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Updated Map]
SCEnc4Map2.png
[/sblock]Krindorf doesn't find any traps after spending some time searching near both doors. At this point about ten minutes has passed since the group entered the ravine. While he was searching Brunhilde hears the shutting of a door from back out the way the group came. When she turns and looks she can see that the trap doors covering the pit trap have closed again to hide the pit's existence.

<<With Grufflehead out for about a week, if party members wish Brunhilde to do something, i.e. open the door, suggest it and I will NPC the action if I think she would do it. That said, what are you going to do next?>>

[sblock=OOC Information]Couple of things.
1) The map is accurate on the direction doors open (in or out) so you don't have to ask.
2) You can assume all doors are closed, if I fail to mention that they are open.
3) If you search for something in particular (i.e. Cause of death) that doesn't mean I assumed you searched for something else (i.e. checked their pockets for valuables)
4) Searching normally requires a roll for each 5ft x 5ft area searched whether it is a floor or a wall (which needs to be specified and has separate rolls.) Since most simple traps are at least a DC check of 20, taking a 10 is unlikely to find a trap. So when searching for traps or other things, just list the places searched and the DC you wish to reach before moving on. Unlike in table top where this requires many rolling of the dice, I can roll all the checks on my random number generator in one shot and then record the amount of time it took.
5) After you enter a room, there is likely more details you would realistically see than from the initial description. If you want more details about different features or whatever is in the room, please ask or have your character look at something more closely.[/sblock]

Remove ads