• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy

WarlockLord

First Post
The heretics:
Insight as Caull Vancher, Thrallherd
Autumn as Arast, Archivist of the Old Gods
Mista_Collins as the Hunter of the Theocracy
Jemal as Janelle, Warlock
Shayuri as Ilshana, Beguiler
ethanandrew as Latham Brack, Enchanter
fenixdown as the Unknown Half-fiend blackguard

Our heroes are stationed at the main Resistance base located in the jungle. The base is under massive attack, without warning. A massive army has taken the camp by surprise. There is only one explanation: Treachery. One of your superiors is a traitor.

However, you are unable to dwell on this for long, as a monk and four clerics (a spellkiller squad) of the ONE are approaching. It's that time again.

Initaitive Order:
Latham Brack - 24
Arast -14
Ilshana - 10
The Hunter - 22
Dehg (cohort)- 2
Blackguard -23
Janelle -26
Caul- 17
Nathira -22
Monk -17
Clerics- 15
Fight!

Jemal

Adventurer
*I love it when a campaign starts off with a huge fight! OOH, first post AND first initiative. :D *

Janelle notes the approaching enemies with a curse, shoutign from her lookout tower to warn the others before firing a blast of pure power at the Monk, trying to stay out of reach/sight a bit.

OOC: Probably would've been on lookout, hope you don't mind my 'addition' of the tower, but I figure with both fell flight and Flee the Scene, Janelle makes a good lookout and can get around fairly easily. If there's a problem, I'll rewrite the post.
*also, are we rolling our own dice or just telling you the mods?

Empowered Eldritch Spear : Ranged touch attack 16 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1011457), (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1011472) 23X1.5=34 damage, range: 250'.
Taking partial cover in the tower as move action.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
[sblock=OOC]How far away are our enemies? Close enough for combat or time for buffing? I think it's cute that Dehg is dead last!

Do you want us rolling in Invisible Castle? Will you take care of it? Or is trust involved?[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
"They are here again," Caul Vanchar shouts to the others as a warning, as if they did not already know. "Blast their hides!"

Rising to his feet, Caul looks for a possible target, and concentrates, trying to take control of one or more of the attackers.

[sblock=OOC::Caul]Caul is looking for two or more Clerics close together to attempt to control. I am going to assume Caul is psionically focused already. If not, Caul can do it as a move action. I'll go ahead and make the roll below just in case. In either case, Caul uses Dominate (psionic) on the rear two Clerics. Will Save DC 23 for both of them. He will augment the duration to 1 hour, spending a total of 10pp.

Here's my roll to become psionically focused, if necessary: to become psionically focused (1d20+16=31) - success!
[/sblock]

At his side, as usual, Nathira Vanchar waits to see how the enemies choose to attack. She will always seek to defend her cousin, Caul, but will take the opportunity to mete out her own brand of justice should the opportunity present itself. Nathira also keeps an eye on her half-fiendish friend, who is close by.

[sblock=OOC::Nathira]Nathira is going to hold her action until the enemies display themselves. If one of the hostiles gets within 40ft of her or Caul, she will charge and smite. I'll go ahead and make the roll just in case.

Charge + Smite + Fiery Fist (she spends a Stunning Fist attempt to do this):
attack roll (1d20+18=29)
unarmed dmg + fire (1d10+12=22, 1d6=1)
*** her attack is considered magic and good-aligned in terms of overcoming DR ***[/sblock]

Last edited:

Autumn

First Post
Arast is poring over some oversized and dusty tome, as usual, when the alert sounds. His first thought is annoyance at the disturbance, but as he rises and looks about him he quickly realizes that the issue is far larger than a mere irritation.

A spark of anger gleams in the amber of his eyes as the thought comes to him that there is a betrayer in their midst, but for now that anger is channeled into the determination to do what must be done. The first order of the day is to fend off the enemy's assault. Once that is done, then there will be the luxury of time to bend his mind to thoughts of inquisition and retribution.

For the present, words of dark power are already forming on his lips as he begins the brief ritual that will open a rent in the veil of reality and unleash a glimpse of the horrors that lie beyond.

[sblock=OOC] Assuming that the enemies do nothing to alter his course of action, Arast will begin casting Summon Monster V on his turn with the intention of summoning a Pseudonatural Griffon in the air over the attackers. It has a casting time of one full round though, so it won't take effect until the start of Arast's next turn after this one.

I'll post the stats for the griffon if and when the spell completes. I hope you don't mind me posting provisional actions like this before it's actually my turn; I find it helps to speed up PbP games if the players do that.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Upon hearing the frantic curse of Janelle, Latham grabs ahold of Dehg's arm and pulls him away from his current blissful meal. Even though the ogre has no need for food anymore, it is evident he still takes great joy in eating copious amounts of food.

"Hur'q gik'tal!" Latham yells at him in Giant, and quickly Dehg drops his food, grabbing his great warhammer before the two of them run out to meet their foes.

Seeing the five infiltrators hurry to their deaths, Latham taps into his cache of energies and places an immobile force eminating on their monastic enemy, hoping to cement him in place to give time for Dehg to attack.

[sblock=OOC Latham]Latham will cast Hold Person on the monk, if it's within 200ft Will save DC 24. If not, he will caste Fly on himself and move to a more advantagous position.[/sblock]

As soon as the opportunity will prevent itself, waiting till all options have opened, Dehg will charge into the fray, attacking the nearest foe. He shakes his greathammer above his head and bellows in a loud voice for all to hear, "Baaaad man! Dehg bad man kill!"

[sblock=OOC Dehg]What a start for the lad, a smashing Natural One! So out of his two rolls so far, initiative and attack, he's rolled a 2 and a 1. Good to get these out of the way![/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
The bad guys are 60 ft away, spaced 10 feet apart from each other in a diamond formation (the fornt cleric is only 50 feet, rear is 70) with the monk in the middle (but you can still target him). They broke out of a line of trees) There is no time to buff, for either of the two sides (they had to act quickly before they were discovered, apparently). The clerics have drawn greatswords and are wearing full plate armor. The monk is bare-handed, but is surrounded by a pink energy shield that fails to protect him from Janelle's bolt, which staggers him, just before the magical energies of Latham forcibly restrain him. He is not having a good day.

I will give a complete round summary (including what the bad guys do) as soon as everyone posts. Yes, you can violate iniative. I'll trust you to make you're own rolls.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Ilshana, eeriely resembling her sister, right down to the silvery mithril armor worn, waves her hand in a 'spreading' sort of gesture and intones a few words. For a moment the air around her hands gleams with a strange, flickering silvery light. Then a nearly invisible wave of distortion races towards the clerics and monk, exploding silently among them.

Immediately, perceptions are twisted; up becomes down, hideous laughter seems to fill the world. Threatening words from the depths of memory swell and boom like thunder, and the faces of trusted companions seem to melt like wax in the suddenly red light of the sun, replaced by the hellish visages of fiends and demons and worse...

(Ilshana casts Confusion on the lot of them, centered to catch them all in a 15' radius burst area. Will save DC is 24 to negate.)

Mista Collins

First Post
Needing only two hours of sleep, the man who has come to be known as Hunter, smiles when he sees who has come to attack their camp. They call us heretics, but yet if it weren't for their brainwashing, they would be seen as the heretics.

Kneeling down, Hunter reaches back into his quiver and grabs a black shafted arrow with light blue fletching. Quickly bringing it to the bowstring of his trusty weapon, he draws it back and lets it fly towards the front cleric. Immediately his hand goes back to the quiver again and repeats the process two more times, each time his smile widening more.

[sblock=ooc]Rapid Shot

Attack #1: 33
Dmg #1: 12 + 6(Favored Enemy)

Attack #2: 21
Dmg #2: 18

Attack #3: 19
Dmg #3: 16
[/sblock]

Remove ads