• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Theocracy

Insight

Adventurer
WarlockLord said:
The bad guys are 60 ft away, spaced 10 feet apart from each other in a diamond formation (the fornt cleric is only 50 feet, rear is 70) with the monk in the middle (but you can still target him). They broke out of a line of trees) There is no time to buff, for either of the two sides (they had to act quickly before they were discovered, apparently). The clerics have drawn greatswords and are wearing full plate armor. The monk is bare-handed, but is surrounded by a pink energy shield that fails to protect him from Janelle's bolt, which staggers him, just before the magical energies of Latham forcibly restrain him. He is not having a good day.

I will give a complete round summary (including what the bad guys do) as soon as everyone posts. Yes, you can violate iniative. I'll trust you to make you're own rolls.

OK Caul can affect two of them, so he'll target the rear two. Post edited above.

fenixdown

First Post
The blackguard grins to the paladin beside him, but returns his attention to what really interests him: his next victims. In one swift motion, he draws his falchion and leaps forward, his bat wings taking over as he skims the ground. He speaks a command word and the blade bursts into flames, ready to tear through the enemy.

[sblock=OOC]Woo, battle already! I see our GM is a member of the "Exposition? What kind of crit's that got?" school of play. Not that that's a bad thing.
I'm moving towards the front of the diamond. Note that although it looks like I'm flying, I'm actually not; it just looks like that for flavor (not that it makes a huge difference).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
In those brief moments between spells, Latham watched the procession unfold. The mage killer, his supposed killer, was blasted by the warrior womans bolt, staggering him, but still he advanced toward him, wedged together by the armor clad priests with swords. Such priests are these, destroying heretics like his father and mother, eliminating all who pose a threat to their regime, to their power.

But onward they moved, the footsteps varied of the powerful monk, his face contorted with pain, and it was in that moment Latham felt his spell strike true. He tapped into the essence of the man himself and stopped his body, his bones and tendons held secure by his mind.

The most dire threat had been dealt with for the time being, the years of studying and mastering the manipulation of others had paid off for now, and now it was time for Latham to deal with the real heretics. With these ones, he might not be so kind.

WarlockLord

First Post
Round One Summary

The bolt of warlock energy hit the monk and hurt him badly. Latham snaps off a spell, and the monk stands rigid, paralyzed. Hunter's arrows strike true, and the lead cleric clutches his chest as he drowns in his own blood, his impressive looking full plate not helping him at all. The blackguard takes to the front line, preparing to attack the enemy. Caul's mind impresses his will on the cleric in the rear and to the left, while Nathira remains at his side.. The rear one's faith fails, but the left cleric eludes by mentally singing praises to the ONE. The two remaining clerics open up with blasts of light on the blackguard (he's closest)

OOC:
Left: attack roll 23 for 24 damage
Right attack roll 21 for 24 damage

Both rays hit, however, Arast begins chanting dark words of power to the Old Gods, and Ilshana attempts to scramble the enemy's minds. Lefty is confused, righty is confused, the rear guard is confused, and somehow even the monk radiates confusion. Dehg charges at the paralyzed monk, but misses, looking like an idiot.

The enemy commander back at the main battle, seeing his forces falter, sends in 2 more monks and a strange, babbling incoporeal undead, which are 120 feet away.

Begin round 2.

Last edited:

ethandrew

First Post
Since all his companions are well within range, Latham notes the immediate threat is significantly diminished, however not all together eliminated. Not wanting to use some of his more potent abilities until the full threat can be assessed, he uses the same force that halted the enemy monk, yet reverses the energies on his companions, quickening their joints, allowing them more maneuverability.

[sblock=Latham OOC]Latham will cast Haste on the group, able to affect all except Janelle high up in the tower.[/sblock]

Not phased by his apparent idiotic display, not aware that a young child could hit these motionless, utterly confused individuals, not bothered by his hastened abilities, Dehg wades into the middle of the fracas. He will position himself to swing at the monk, taking his time to make sure he gets a cleaner look, planting his feet this time in hopes of striking true. And, if luck would have it, hoping his backswing will connect with a cleric as well.

[sblock=Dehg OOC]Full Attack on Monk, First Attack 21 To Hit - 24 Damage. Second attack on whomever, To Hit 32, Damage 23. He will also position himself for cleave (10' reach, Huge Weapon, I think that gives him 15' Reach, but I could be wrong). If he kills the Monk on his first attack, he will use his second attack on the cleric he cleaved. First Cleave (if applicable). Second Cleave (if applicable).[/sblock]

Mista Collins

First Post
Seeing the closer threat under control it does stop The Hunter from reaching back for more arrows. With help of the boost in quickness, he licks his lips with enjoyment at the easy prey as he fires four arrows into the chests of his enemies. If only the leader were closer, I would truly give them a reason to want us dead!

[sblock=ooc]How far (roughly) is the commander in the main battle from our group? I might target him next round. I do have Far Shot and could really target all the way up to 1650 ft and be +0 overall on my attack roll :) .

These shots this round, will be fired at the closest cleric. If he drops at any point, the remaining shots will be targeted at the next closest enemy.

Attack #1: 21 +1 from haste (another +1 if w/in 30')
Damage #1: 16 +1 if w/in 30' (should be 14. Forgot I am only +4 against first favored enemy).

Attack #2: 28 +1 from haste (another +1 if w/in 30')
Damage #2: 15 +1 if w/in 30'

Attack #3: 15 +1 from haste (another +1 if w/in 30')
Damage #3: 10 +1 if w/in 30'

Attack #4 (haste): 35 +1 from haste (another +1 if w/in 30')
Damage #4 (haste): 13 +1 if w/in 30'

Anyone struck is considered flanked until the first attack against them or the start of my next turn.
[/sblock]

fenixdown

First Post
Um, ouch.

The blackguard roars with fury and swings wildly at both clerics, fully intent on returning the pain they caused him. His falchion is a blur of flame as he takes advantage of his new speed and his enemies' confusion to destroy them.

[sblock]Power Attack for -2/+4, full attack, starting with left cleric, cleave/continue full attack to right cleric, then monk (if he gets that far).
First attack: 1d20+13-2+1=24, 2d4+9+4+1d6=23
Second attack (haste): 1d20+13-2+1=21, 2d4+9+4+1d6=25
Third attack: 1d20+8-2+1=14, 2d4+9+4+1d6=22
Cleave: 1d20+13-2+1=17, 2d4+9+4+1d6=24

Edit: oops, haste bonus applies to everything.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Caul sneers, his mental control over at least one of the evil clerics in hand. Seeing the undead coming, Caul issues a mental command to his captive cleric to stay the incoming creatures. Once he is assured that the cleric has heeded his mental commands, Caul focuses on one of the incoming monks, assaulting the monk with pure telepathic force.

[sblock=OOC::Caul]
I didn't realize I could augment my Psionic Dominate to make it last 1 hour instead of concentration, so I'd like to edit my prior action to include that, for an additional 1pp.

Caul spends a move action to issue a command to his captive cleric. He wishes the cleric to Rebuke the incoming undead.

As his standard action, Caul uses Mind Thrust on one of the new monks coming into the battle. He augments the Mind Thrust to 9d10 damage, Will Save DC 21, spending 9pp in the process. 9d10=51[/sblock]

Seeing her fallen paladin companion assailed by nefarious magic, Nathira checks with her cousin, Caul who wordlessly nods, sending Nathira into battle. She charges the closest cleric, smiting the evil spellcaster with holy force.

[sblock=OOC::Nathira]Nathira charges and smites.

Charge + Smite + Fiery Fist (she spends a Stunning Fist attempt to do this):
attack roll (1d20+18=26)
damage roll (1d10+12=18, 1d6=4)
*** her attack is considered magic and good-aligned in terms of overcoming DR ***[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads