The "Torment a Historian" movie playlist thread

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
1776? Give it to J.J. Abrams and watch the lens flares off of the Liberty Bell, bayonets, Ben Franklin’s glasses, tricorner hats and quill pens. Perhaps Old Ironsides gets created at the end of the film as a Transformer, setting up a sequel.
And you can bet that with JJ Abrams's tendency to play loose with space and time issues, you can bet that King George III would have been watching events unfold via a telescope in England.
nomorekings.jpg

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
"Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"

"Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"
I was thinking about those, and trying to see if there is a line between them and how the others mentioned would handle things. I’m not sure I can. I mean, none of them approaches the genius of Ed Wood.

But then I remembered Tommy Wiseau,

Ryujin

Legend
I was thinking about those, and trying to see if there is a line between them and how the others mentioned would handle things. I’m not sure I can. I mean, none of them approaches the genius of Ed Wood.

But then I remembered Tommy Wiseau,
Further comment re: The Asylum. When "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" was slated for release, they rushed out "Abraham Lincoln vs The Zombies."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Further comment re: The Asylum. When "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" was slated for release, they rushed out "Abraham Lincoln vs The Zombies."

I’m sensing the potential for this to become its own subgenre.
“Abraham Lincoln: Werewolf Slayer”
“Abraham Lincoln: Exorcist”
“Abraham Lincoln Vs Kaiju”
“Abraham Lincoln: Liberator of Mars”
“Abraham Lincoln: Robot Hunter”
“Abraham Lincoln Vs Alien Vs Predator”

Clearly, he’s a manifestation of The Eternal Champion, a cloned heroic archetype, or a hero across parallel dimensions.* Or some such.

* not mutually exclusive.

Orius

Legend
I was looking of some of my old threads last night and dropped some likes here since this thread predates that system. I was wondering who rezzed this thread and why just a few hours later. It felt a little weird.

The Asylum is a West Coast production company that is known for such gems as "Battle Star Wars", "Atlantic Rim", and "Clown." They specialize in knock-offs of big budget movies, that are about to be released, and just plain schlock.

Oh, and the "Sharknado" series of movies.

Yeah I've seen some of The Asylum's...um...films.

One was a horrible ripoff of The Da Vanci Code and National Treasure, and those are cheese to begin with. I'm watching as these so-called archeologists handle a bunch of priceless historical artifacts in the roughest and most careless manner possible. The plot involves some map on the Shroud of Turin that leads to some treasure buried in the middle of nowhere in Afganistan or something, and somehow Leonardo da Vinci was involved. The most ridiculous part of the film has the characters rolling up the Shroud in a ball after they steal it and then shoving it into a backpack. And the Shroud wasn't stored in anything that looks like a medieval church but some modren church or community center or something somewhere on SoCal. The whole thing was utterly ridiculous. It definitely ranks on the list of worst movies I've ever seen.

You want a bad movie night? Asylum's crap will probably do.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases