D&D 5E The Treasure Map - IC

Shayuri

First Post
Kestrel scowled fiercely. "This place can't be random, right? If the map is about the ocean, or pirates, then the library must have a place for that sort of thing. Right?"

The last question she aimed at Kini, who seemed to be the library expert here.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
OOC: looking back at the thread, I think we've pretty much established that we don't know where it is (failed int checks etc).

Darwin looked glum. He remembered this great-uncle in-law, from a rock gnome clan, and his "library" - a giant pile of scrolls, tablets and books. Oh his great-uncle knew where everything was... but no one else did! Did the same thing occur here? He shuddered... but brightened suddenly.

"Hey, we have pieces of the maps... could we use some kind of divination magic to link it to the missing piece? Like a mystical bond or somesuch?"

Darwin looked hopefully at his companions... who knows what wonders they could do?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository
Afternoon

Kini cringed back from Kestral. “I...I don’t know,” she stammered. “I wasn’t l-looking at maps!”

"Hey, we have pieces of the maps. Could we use some kind of divination magic to link it to the missing piece? Like a mystical bond or somesuch?" Darwin asked.

“I-I don’t have anything like that,” Kini answered apologetically. “I’m sorry.” She hugged herself. “The...the gnolls might know, if they’re here.” But they were trying to avoid the gnolls.

[sblock=OOC]Yeah, unless the GM gives me more clues or another roll, I’m stuck.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor, Pass Without Trace
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Strangler

First Post
I'm sure my god could help us out here, but as tricky as He is, the spell required for that hasn't been prepared for today. If we can wait a few hours or a night, I can prepare new spells...

Sent from my HUAWEI SCL-L21 using Tapatalk

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Darwin nodded at Strange: "I see... well it's a good backup plan. But if we are going to wait hours, we might as well do something with the time". Stroking his beard, the little gnome added:

"I just realized that our first step isn't finding the map - it's finding where the maps in general are kept (if there is some kind of organization here that is). That should be a lot easier than spotting a single specific document. Once we have found this room, shelf, corridor or whatever, we can all search that one specific area. That should be a lot easier than searching the whole place!"

Darwin smiled at the others hopefully.

Insight

Adventurer
At this point, you guys have scoured the East wing. You haven't found anything terribly useful here.

You still have the central tower and the West wing to check.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
2wp81lg.jpg

Hagan’s Pass/Book Depository
Afternoon

Kini ducked her head and led the way to the central tower. The book index was there. Maybe they would find something there. Carefully, quiet as she could, she eased open the door to peer inside, hoping not to see the gnolls.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Concentration:
Conditions: Mage Armor, Pass Without Trace
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kini’s Mini Stats]
Kini's Character Sheet
AC: 12 (15 Mage Armor)
HP: 24/28

Cantrips: Firebolt, Light, Improved Minor Illusion, Prestidigitation, Shocking Grasp
1st (2/4): Color Spray, Mage Armor, Magic Missiles, Shield, Silent Image
2nd (1/3): Invisibility, Phantasmal Force, Web
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Tower it is," Kestrel agrees, and in a wink she's moving off, seeming to vanish into the shadows almost immediately.

Stealth [roll0] (plus anything applicable from Pass Without Trace)

Remove ads