• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The ultimate defensive spell

Aleolus

First Post
OK, this is quite obviously the most broken spell for anyone to ever come up with, but I feel I need to post it for sheer comedic value.

Can't Touch This
Abjuration
Level: Bard 2, Sorc/Wiz 3
Components: V, S, XP
Casting time: 3 rounds
Range: Touch
Target: One ally
Duration: One round/level
Effect: Any creature affected by this spell gains a deflection modifier to their AC equal to one half their Hit Die, rounded up. However, any damage dealt by a creature affected by this spell is treated as subdual damage, regardless of the source of damage.
XP: To cast this spell, you must expend 100 XP
Special: For the Somatic component, each round you must succeed on a Perform (Dance) check DC 15.

Last edited:

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Yeah, bad mechanics.
It's even more broken for NPCs, though. Check the stats on a Dragon or some of the big Outsiders.

Cheers, -- N

Aleolus

First Post
Actually, I've just had a lot of MC Hammer stuff going through my head recently, and I decided to stat up his song as a spell (hence the note I added about the somatic component). This isn't meant to be taken seriously, nor do I expect any character or DM to actually use it.

Felnar

First Post
is the 3 round casting time legit?

instead of automatic subdual damage, require a DC 15 dance check (DC 10 if wearing chain parachute pants)

Remove ads