The Walking Dead

Crothian

First Post
How is it a waste of time and whose time? They once again learn that others have survived. They learn the situation is global. They got a good shower and some sleep and a good meal. And in the end it just reinforces that they are all screwed.

Janx

Hero
what did we learn from the episode:

how rick was left alone (and uneaten thanks to SHane) in the hospital

rick now has a secret he learned from the Doctor.

we learned the basic nature of the virus, and that it is world-wide

Yes, the group is still on the run. I suppose our other choice was "they live out their days in the CDC" which wouldn't have been very exciting barring a breach or running out of supplies.

I find it ridiculous that all the other doctors killed themselves rather than survive. Pansies.

Here's whats unknown:
how long does the zombie effect last, before decay or environmental damage render it inert?

Can a set of combat procedures be developed that minimizes risk to clear out an area, defend it, grow or gather food?

Consider up north, where once the temperate reaches freezing, these zombies should stop being able to move, unless the virus generates a LOT of heat.

Consider the damage hurricanes could do to zombies, who aren't smart enough to seek shelter.

Consider farm crops still growing out there (corn fields?) that could be harvested for food.

Consider taking over a remote small town or gas station and reinforcing it with supplies from Home Depot. Getting into a cinder block building and properly sealing the exits (load in/out through the roof).

It is possible these folks could hold out for a year, and the zombie population could die out due to weather and wear and tear on the bodies.

In facing an extinction event, the goal of the species is to avoid that extinction, not welcome it.

Consider picking up ALL the ammunition and weapons they pass by dead soldiers. Its not like good hardware was hard to find outside the hospital or CDC.

There's still hope left.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Somebody needs to learn how to operate military stuff- half-tracks, tanks...APCs, for goodness sakes!

I suspect that the psychological horror of what was happening prevented soldiers from doing what all the survivors now know must be done: if you meet a zombie in the road, KILL IT.

There is no reason beyond psychology (see Tienamen Square) why those big tanks shouldn't have simply crushed legions of the walkers.

JiffyPopTart

Bree-Yark
I am always amazed (even though it happens so often) when someone ponies up money to make a movie based on a book or comic which is awesome...and then changes it so much from the source material that it barely represents the original story and is no longer awesome.

I'm looking at you Walking Dead and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen above others.

DS

Fast Learner

First Post
Consider taking over a remote small town or gas station and reinforcing it with supplies from Home Depot. Getting into a cinder block building and properly sealing the exits (load in/out through the roof).

Tons of small towns across the country have National Guard armories that are easily defended. They're also well-supplied with medicines, etc. If the bulk of mankind is ever destroyed and you're a survivor, keep it in mind.

I suspect that the psychological horror of what was happening prevented soldiers from doing what all the survivors now know must be done: if you meet a zombie in the road, KILL IT.
Especially since, as we learned, you're not killing anyone at all, they're definitely corpses.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Far as I can tell, Rick has only been up and about for a week. It has been about two that he was left for dead.

The way the army was killing people in the hospital, would not trust them to be helpful.

Lay out tires, zombies just can't handle the tire drill, just have some spikes for them to fall on. Pits, like they can't find a bob cat tractor. But, I would have a personel carrier by now, also some portable generators, even some solar panels!

As I said, war hammer and shield would be my weapon, ponk!

Once I had a base of safety (see older post) I would be planning raids for supplies, four man team; a driver, a look out and two to enter and grab. I would be looking at homes, break in, hit the kitchen for can goods and get out. Also, be looking for food distribution centers for mother loads.

Oh, the Atlanta Aquarium...think I would check it out for some "mail" shark suits but then I know of other places in the Atanta area to find "armor". ;)

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
At the very least, I think I'd swap out some vehicles, considering one of the cars in their convoy is a completely open Jeep! I sure wouldn't want to be in a Jeep when the zombie masses start swarming over the convoy.

Johnathan

Ahnehnois

First Post
Given the blood test that was the price of admissions, I'm guessing someone's preggers!
This might be true, but I kind of hope not. The magic TV "blood tests" that catch everything are kind of a myth. In fact, since the doctor couldn't identify the nature of the pathogen at all, one wonders how he would test for it at all, and, assuming he somehow found a test, why hormones involved in pregnancy would be part of it.

That aside, a quasi-illegitimate baby could really blow up this situation.

Remove ads