The Whispering Cairn (Team Diamond Lake) - IC

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: where is the glyph? On the floor, ceiling, wall?

Ah, good question. Hmmm... Actually, we have some trouble witht he earlier swarm of these things, and I'm not certain I remembered to bring my oil flasks this time. I wonder...

ooc: Okay, crazy idea. Can we run back and get a scrap of the brown mold from the other room, on an unlit torch perhaps, and toss it into the room with the beetles? Let it take them out while we avoid direct combat? They're acid beetles, Acid is very chemically active and should have some level of heat inside their bodies. 3d6 damage each round would be an area effect, and should do away with them rather nicely! Would you allow it, oh mighty GM? If so, Eldariel will run back and give it a try.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Gylph is on the floor before the archway leading into the area. And the brown mold is inert and can no longer affect anyone anything.

Axel

First Post
"So last time you burned these beetles to death? I take it then they were agressive? Hmmmm....that does pose a problem. Does anyone have some oil we could set alight, or something similar? I am carrying a few vials of holy water, but doubt that it will be particularly effective." Arveduin scratches his chin as he ponders the problem.

"Perhaps we do not need to confront them directly. Perhaps we could block them into their chamber somehow while we explore the rest of the cairn for the true tomb?"

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne starts rummaging around in is backpack saying "I thought the whole idea of going back to town was to get some oil. Am I the only one who actually did." He extracts a flask of oil which he gives to Arveduin. "Here you are. Do you have anything to light it with?"

Axel

First Post
Taking the offered oil flask, Arveduin puts his shield and weapon down and starts rummaging in his backpack. "Somewhere in here I have a flint and steel. And a few candles so that we can light multiple oil flasks at roughly the same time. Ah, here they are!"

Arveduin triumphantly prodcues his flint and steel and two candles, placing both on the ground near his shield and weapon. Subsequently, he gets to work lighting one of the candles.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Eldariel looks once more through his pack, checking to see if he had indeed gottne the oil

ooc: I didn't rp that part. Did we end up selling the treasures? I'm not clear on the cash we had after the first adventure. If not, Eldariel would have just replenished his starting gear.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The flasks ready the group heads towards the beetles room. Arveduin and Gaylne taking the lead, flasks in hand.

Sigrum, Aria and Eldariel come up close behind to help.

The room...

The northern and southern walls of this large chamber taper off to the west. Along the western wall a large stone basin sits backed by a five foot tall shelf. A hardened orange paste spills from out of the basin and covers much of the shelf. Hundreds of tiny beetles with bright blue carapaces skitter and tunnel through the chalky substance. A keening insect chorus fills the room, and a huge orange organic mass fills the northeastern corner of the room. Judging by the beetles spilling from within, it appears to be some sort of hive.

A large beetle the size of a large dog moves from the northern corner as the group enters the archway into the room.

OCC: Only threat is the big beetle.

Attachments

• AoW-TDL lvl 2-2.jpg
    AoW-TDL lvl 2-2.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 98

Axel

First Post
With a grunt, Arveduin hurled his lit flask towards the large beetle before readying his shield and morning star for what would probably be a hefty impact.

[sblock=ooc and statblock]
Std action: Throw oil flask
Move action: Ready shield and weapon

AC: 17 / 9(T) / 17(FF)
CMD: 11
HP: 13/13

Left hand: Heavy shield
Right hand: Oil flask (thrown), then morning star (1d8+1 dam, +2 to hit)

Level 0(4): Light <active>, Guidance, Mending, Create Water
Level 1(3+1): Domain: Endure Elements
<used>, Command, Protection from Evil
Channels: 4/6 remaining
[/sblock]

Remove ads