The Whispering Cairn (Team Diamond Lake) - IC

Axel

First Post
On seing a bloodied and bruised Dwarf return in moments, Arveduin is shocked. He rushes over to Sigrum and lays his morning star on the ground in front of him while examining his injuries. "This is most certainly not your fault. I now believe that these devices may be trapped for the uninformed, unwary or unwise. I apologise unreservedly for not having thought of this scenario beforehand."

Closing his eyes, Arveduin intones "Pelor, show this noble servant of the Gods your guiding light where I have failed to do so. Do not punish him for my errors."

[sblock=ooc and spells]
Channel energy 8 points

Level 0(4): Light <active>, Guidance, Mending, Create Water
Level 1(3+1): Domain: Endure Elements
<used>, Command, Protection from Evil
Channels: 4/6 remaining
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Nice roll there.

[sblock=Galyne]After some fine detective work you discovery that this is a false tube. It leads no where since you found a crack between the mortar to look through. The bones are of victims that were crushed by the device (possible because their DM rolled better than a 4 on 2d6 LOL), as thatis all it is designed to do.

It is all a big trap and the only places left to go are down the shaft made by the falling tube or back up to the tunnel with the face. [/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
[sblock=HM]
OOC: just to be clear. Are you saying that Galyne figures out that all of the other untried tubes are also traps?
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ghostcat]There are no more tubes. ;) There is the yellow one - which the group cleared the level below. The green one - which awaits for the group to climb down the hole. And the indigo one - which is the metal tube and trapped one.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne finishes examining the tube, a look of disgust on his face. "This tube is nothing but one giant trap. So it looks like we have no choice but to go down the hole.

Once Sigrum has been healed, Galyne says to him "Well it looks like you were going the right way in the first place Sigrum. Anyway, after you."

Blood and Honor

First Post
"Thanks be to ya Arveduin and to Pelor fer the healing."

Sigrum eyes Galyne suspiciously. "So ya wish fer me go back down the tube that the ceiling just fell on me head?" He shakes his head as he makes his way back to the tube. "This one?" He asks standing in front of the green tube. "Are ya sure lad?" He pauses before making his way into the tube. "Aye Moardin be with me."

OOC: I am goin back down, if its the right one, tube.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=Blood and Honor] No he isn't talking about going down the tube. Maybe I should say metal tube to stave off confusion. Galyne has proclaimed the metal tube only a trap and not a way down.

The only way down left is to climb down the shaft made by the stone tube that broke and fell to the bottom of the next level. The same shaft Sigrum was climbing down when the PCs met him.

Sorry for the confusion.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Galyne shouts in panic "Sigrum Stop." and puts his hand of Sigrum chest as he sees him heading back into the metal tube. "Sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant the shaft you were climbing down when we met you." he continues at a more normal volume.

[sblock=OOC]HM. Any confusion was mine or rather Galyne's[/sblock]

Remove ads