The Witcher - Nightmare of the Wolf

Well I thought it was pretty dope. Vesemir had a fun swagger. The setting had a sufficient density of Polish-style “life is awful” stuff going on, and the action scenes had really cool set-ups. Sure, the lead character wasn’t particularly emotional, and his arc was a bit thin, but I don’t expect that from an action film.

That was very good show. I wish to see more adventures of Vesemir now.

I also enjoyed that the trailer I remember
totally misled me in
an enjoyable way. It looked so much like Castlevania that I figured Vesemir and the sorceress
would be allies (and probably hooking up). Instead his love interest is actually an old lady
, but his age...

i was a little confused on the fox and the enemy alliance.

In the books Gerault was created differently from the other Witchers?
I don't actually remember reading it back then, but apparently he got some extra mutagens because he responded better to the trial of the grasses than usual. I think that's how he gets his white hair (and apparently, in this movie they decided it also meant
he lost his hair first before it regrew back white.
)

MarkB

Legend
I don't actually remember reading it back then, but apparently he got some extra mutagens because he responded better to the trial of the grasses than usual. I think that's how he gets his white hair (and apparently, in this movie they decided it also meant
he lost his hair first before it regrew back white.
)
And given what else the mages were up to, it wouldn't be surprising if they were getting a bit experimental with the Witcherising process too.

Janx

Hero
according to the wife (who read the books and played the snot out of the games):

they appear to have deviated from canon a tiny bit.

Assuming this is the battle that destroys the witcher base of operations castle, they can't make more witchers. And Geralt hasn't gone through the trial of the grasses yet (because he looked too young for that stage)). Which they can't do without the potions from the castle.

And yes, they were fiddling with the formula on Geralt's batch, and he ended up extra strong. Again, need mages from the castle to be fiddling.

Otherwise, we can assume these kids DID do the trial, and Geralt's original hair fell out (like chemo treatment) and the timeline is on track.

Janx

Hero
Yeah, that was ridiculous - most of the candidates were just killed by random chance of which direction the monsters appeared from.
survival of the dumb luckiest?

Just as dumb, kid picks up pointy stick, uses it, then tosses it away like it's a single use tool.

The first ten seconds in scary swamp should have been get a rock or stick ready for when the trouble comes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases