• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The World of Mir- I need feedback

warlord

First Post
This is my first time posting my world so here goes

the world of Mir is a technomagic world for 3.5 D&D. It's got magic and guns. The guns are divided into two types revolvers your pistol and reapeating rifles the rifle. The stats for these are the ones listed in th DMG. Mir also has aircraft in it like fighter planes and massive assault ships. I'll start with the races of Mir first.

Mistarian Elves: stat ajustments same as PHB
Nolitarian Evles: +2 wis, -2 con
Wydarian Elves: +2 dex,+1 str,-2 wis

Frylar Dwarves(Hill)+2 Wis, +2 con, -2 cha
Bylar Dwarves(mountain) same as PHB
Krall Drwarves(barbarian)+2 str,+2 con, -2 int
Dewarr Dwarves: +2 str, +2int, -2 cha

Jotun(Goliaths):same as RoS
Gnomes:same as PHB
Twyldin:same as halfling
Dwyling:same as Kender
Hunters: a race similar to predetors from the movies +2 dex,+2 con,-2 int,-2 cha
Toks:wookie type creatures +4 str,-2 dex& Cha
all of the draconians are also player races
Lightstalkers: a new breed of vampire immune to daylight, +2 str,-4 cha, special ability:blood drain, victam loses ld8 hp per round of blood draining. thats it so far up next the kingdoms of Mir.

Trencher

Explorer
warlord said:
This is my first time posting my world so here goes

the world of Mir is a technomagic world for 3.5 D&D. It's got magic and guns. The guns are divided into two types revolvers your pistol and reapeating rifles the rifle. The stats for these are the ones listed in th DMG. Mir also has aircraft in it like fighter planes and massive assault ships. I'll start with the races of Mir first.

Mistarian Elves: stat ajustments same as PHB
Nolitarian Evles: +2 wis, -2 con

Frylar Dwarves(Hill)+2 Wis, +2 con, -2 cha
Bylar Dwarves(mountain) same as PHB
Krall Drwarves(barbarian)+2 str,+2 con, -2 int
Dewarr Dwarves: +2 str, +2int, -2 cha

Jotun(Goliaths):same as RoS
Gnomes:same as PHB
Twyldin:same as halfling
Dwyling:same as Kender
Hunters: a race similar to predetors from the movies +2 dex,+2 con,-2 int,-2 cha
Toks:wookie type creatures +4 str,-2 dex& Cha
all of the draconians are also player races
Lightstalkers: a new breed of vampire immune to daylight, +2 str,-4 cha, special ability:blood drain, victam loses ld8 hp per round of blood draining. thats it so far up next the kingdoms of Mir.

first off sound like you has a cool world there.
Now onward to nit-picking and criticism:
Nolitarian elves are too weak they need more abilities.
Wydarian Elves are too powerful you should lower their stat bonus and when you give out bonuses to stats you should try to give them 2 or 4 or 6 or 8 etc. that way it is easy to see what kind of bonus the get (1per2)
Frylar Dwarves too powerful.
Krall Dwarves even more too powerful
Dewarr Dwarves: again too much bonus and not enough limitations.
Hunters: If you are going to make them as powerful as in the movie then I can't see them ever being a LA 0 race, I think they would be better suited to be monsters not player chars. For inspiration you could check out the face hunters from twisted lore, totem hunters from the Monstronomicon or skin weavers from creature collection 2. The Tolghroth from denizens from Avadu kind of look like them but they are not the same style. Again I must advice you from including predator like races in your player’s choices, it might be fun to role play one time or two but will get old fast.
Tok's : That is a really good idea I can't believe someone has not done this already. Statwise they are slightly more powerful than I like I would give them -2 in int (just make people think they are even more stupid)
and - 2 wis. Give them +2 on all technological skill checks if you want.
Lightstalkers: Have you checked out the vampyre from ravenloft? Maybe they are more what you are looking for? Again I must say that these guys fit's more like monster and not as pc chr.

Clifford

First Post
Advice

Warlord i wouldent take anything trencher said so seriously that is why we have ECl's so you can play more powerful races. your world seems cool the only little peice of criticisim i can think of is...

The races as presented for the most part have stat increases and decreces in incraments of 2 so i am not to sure about that +1 to strength which by most other "standard" racial write ups would probably be a +2 so there is a definitive bonus to the assoceated ability modifier.

cliff :D

Trencher

Explorer
Well if he had wanted them to be a higher ECL then he should have said so. My suggestions was based upon him wanting them to be 0 ECL.

warlord

First Post
ok the revisions

wydarian elves: +2 con,+ str,-2 int,-2 wis
Nolitarian Elves: +2 int,-2 con, +2 on diplomacy checks
Dewarr dwarves: +2, int, +2 con,-2 cha,-2 wis
hunters:same thats all they have no invisiblity or plasma guns like the predetors.
Toks:+4 str,-2 dex,-2 wis,-2 cha, =4 bonus to climb checks
Lightstalkers:+2 str,+2 con, blood drain, take 3x damage from silver weapons
Orges:+4 str,+2 con,-4 int,-4 cha
Orge Magi:+4 str,+2 int,-4 cha,-2 wis
Minotaur:same as dragonlance
Goblin:-2 str,+2 dex, 60 ft darkvison
Hobgoblin:as MM
Bugbear:+2 str,+2 con,-2 cha,-2 wis

warlord

First Post
Now the airships
Airships were created recently when mages and sorcerers found they could channel Elementals in to ships to make them fly and shoot bolts of energy ect.

Elven spearship: hull Pionts:80,speed 80 ft, attacks: lightning blast(fire linked):5d10, shape:think jedi starfighters

orcish warhawks: HP:90 speed:60 attacks:flame blast:4d10, shape:think a flying metal hawk

Dwarven axeships: hp:100, speed:50, attacks:flame blast 4d10, shape:flying axe blades

also any ideas on making lycanthropes and low LA PC race would be nice

warlord

First Post
Now I will detail the different kingdoms of Mir first the kingdom of Necros.
Necros an Imperial Nation run by Emperor Dalatine (20th lvl. Psion) and his student Tharn Raiden(Lvl. 18 Psychic Warrior) (Note: Tharn is a title in the order of the Delkarn) Necros is one of the few kingdoms to fully embrace the new airships and guns. All of the Imperial shocktroopers(think SW stromtroopers) use repeating rifles as DMG and are lvl. 3 warriors at the weakest. Necros is also the secret base of the Delkarn an ancient cult of psionic warriors worshiping the Void and in constint battle with the Relkai another ancient order of psionic warriors but this one devoted to good.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Probably not - this is just a low-volume forum. This fits equally well into house rules; I can move it there if you prefer.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
i never said you were a troll - just that your last thread was in the wrong forum.

if you're looking for responses, be patient; more often than not people are reading and just not responding. if you want more responses, post more information and better yet ask questions.

Remove ads