The World's Largest Dungeon

TresGeek

First Post
Speaking of which, Rapida, how are we going to handle dice in the game? Do you want us to do it, or do you want to do all rolls? I had written a little web app that rolls dice and stores them in a database for later verification. We can use that, if you'd like. I just have to find it again...

EDIT: Nevermind, I remember that you had posted a link to one on page #1 of this thread. Does the same thing.

Rapida

First Post
Sorry I've not posted lately, I'm gonna be out of it for a little while. I've recently had a surgery, I should be posting again regularly in week, or less. Its just according to how I feel. Sorry for the delay but it couldn't be helped.

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Eldrich Blast= Warlock class feature ( spell like ability= 1d6 damage :Scales as he levels: )

Warlock is in the Complete Arcane book. Along with Wu Jen and Warmage.

Macrovore

First Post
what are some of the Class features of the spellthief? and the daggerspell mage? the shadowbane stalker? the nightsong infiltrator?
I know you can't simply post them, because they're not OGC, but can you summarize them for me?

Last edited:

Macrovore said:
what are some of the Class features of the spellthief? and the daggerspell mage? the shadowbane stalker? the nightsong infiltrator?
I know you can't simply post them, because they're not OGC, but can you summarize them for me?
They're from Complete Adventurer. Spellthief is like a rogue who cast spells, but instead of using his own magic, he steals spells from his enemies. I can only remember bits and pieces of the others, but Mr. GR owns the book, so he could tell you. The Spellthief is a base class, the others are PrCs.

Macrovore

First Post
We probably shouldn't start actually playing until rapida recovers enough to post at least once or twice a day
Get well soon, Rapida

Last edited:

nonamazing

Explorer
The spellthief is basically a cross between the rogue and the sorceror. He doesn't have quite as many skill points as a thief, and misses out on a few of the thief abilities, but he gains the ability to cast spells around fourth level.

The spelltheif gets sneak attack (although a little slower than a true rogue) and he can choose to give up part of his sneak attack in order to steal a spell from his target. He can then cast that spell himself, or if he's above fourth level, use that energy to cast one of his own spells. As he goes up in levels, he gets the ability to steal energy resistance, steal spell efects (so he borrow a foe's bull's strength), and steal spell-like abilities. That last one is really neat when there is a warlock in the party, because I can borrow spell-like abilities from willing creatures for free, and since a Warlock has unlimited use of his spell-like abilities...well, I think you can see some of the possibilities.

Daggerspell Mage is a prestige class that give you the ability to cast spells while your hands are still full--providing, of course, that what your hands are full of is daggers. It also grants the ability to deliver touch spells with daggers, and a handful of other neat dagger tricks.

Macrovore

First Post
ah, so the daggerspell mage can use his dagger-hands for somatic components, then.
and the spellthierf's spell progression is similar to that of the ranger or paladin, but with the spells having a more rougish/assassiny slant?
And Nonamazing, you can steal my AWESOME ELDRITCH POWER anyday!

One question:
Could you theoretically, assuming you had the proficiency, wield a shield in one hand and ignore arcane spell failure chance if your other hand is free (no weapon)? Because it says in the PHB that you need at least one hand to cast a spell, and it's okay to be holding a weapon and cast with your other hand. Because if so, I could take another flaw/bonus feat and make my AC even higher.
Min/maxing, baby! it's a good thang (assuming that it doesn't affect roleplaying)!

themind

Explorer
If you have the shield out, you get the arcane spell failure, no matter what. Unless you have some ability to reduce the spell failure of armor/shields. Even with one hand open. The shield wtill impedes the casting.

Remove ads