The World's Largest Dungeon

nonamazing

Explorer
Yeah, you can hold a shield in one hand and cast with the other, no problem. Except for, as themind mentions, a shield's spell failure chance. With a light shield or buckler, that's 5%, for a +1 bonus to AC. You'd have to decide if the tradeoff was worth it. If you came across a neat magic shield, it just might be...

Macrovore

First Post
I'm thinking of changing my character to a strongheart halfling, for the dex bonus. He doesn't need strength, as he uses only his eldritch blast as a weapon.
Can I still make changes to my character?
and does far shot and rapid shot apply to my eldritch blast? what about the weapon focus and specalization feats?

Last edited:

Macrovore

First Post
screw it, i'm changing him. Strongheart Halfling it is, then.
[sblock]Wynmer Lyremark
Male Strongheart Halfling Warlock 1
CG small humanoid (halfling)
HD: 1d6+2 (8 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 20 ft
AC: 18 (+3 studded leather, +4 dex, +1 size)
BAB: +1
Attack: Eldritch Blast +6 (1d6) 60 ft ranged touch
Full attack: Same
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Eldritch Blast
Special Qualities: Invocations known (See Unseen), Noncombatant (-2 to melee attack)*, halfling traits (except +1 to saves)
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +5, Will +3
Abilities: Str 9, Dex 20, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 15
Skills: 16 pts. Bluff (4 ranks), Hide (CC 2 ranks), Spellcraft (4 ranks), Sleight of Hand (CC 2 ranks)
Feats: Point Blank Shot (strongheart halfling bonus), Precise Shot, Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast)(noncombatant flaw bonus)*
Languages: Common, Halfling, Elven, Dwarven.
Equipment:
150gp,
Mwk Studded leather (10 lbs)
2 potions of cure light wounds
2 potions of shield of faith+2
Languages Common, Elven
Description:
somewhat slight in build, has long, unkempt, wavy blonde hair. wears glasses and a long black robe.

*This assumes that we can use flaws (from Unearthed Arcana), if not, then get rid of Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
X_X
Shadowbane Stalker= cleric+rogue (sacrifice spells for better sneaking and/or more armor class and/or more damage on Sneak attacks+sneak attack prog+divine spell prog)

Nightsong Infiltrator= teamwork sneaking (Detect magic, really good at breaking and entering, can give allies benifit of mobility, can give her self same benifit. and can immidiatly grant move actions to allies)

Rapida

First Post
I'm sorry guys but I don't think I'm gonna have time to post enough to effectively DM this game. School and work has kept me busy and I just don't feel like I have enough time to devote to DM'ing to make it worthwhile. Sorry about that, I feel bad for not being able to do it but I know it would be more hassle then for me at this time. If my schedule slows down enough and I start to Dm a pbp again I will contact you guys. Again sorry about that.

Remove ads