• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The "Yay we're finally getting to play 4e!" thread

neoweasel

First Post
Piratecat said:
Well, the cleric's player was sick, and the wizard's player was out of town.

I felt so bad. The first fight was against zombies, and the fight was meant to let the paladin and cleric shine. After the cleric's player had to cancel, the paladin rolled a 1, then a 2, then a 1 in combat. Whiff daily, action point, whiff encounter. Whiff encounter. She was pissed.
I feel her pain. Our wizard hit once in two encounters, and couldn't roll higher than a 5 on saves to, well, save his life.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
neoweasel said:
I feel her pain. Our wizard hit once in two encounters, and couldn't roll higher than a 5 on saves to, well, save his life.
I heard! KidSnide mentioned that the dice rolls were rocky for a while...

kmdietri

Explorer
Our group played (I DMd) KotS. The first roleplaying we've done in at least 6 months... We kinda degenerated into videogames after our last 3.5 campaign ended...

It was lots of fun, even brought back a friend who hadn't played since 2nd edition, he struggled a bit, he also picked characters last and got the warlord so maybe not the easiest pc to learn on.

Lots of fun, lots of book-keeping, but it's good to be back...

AntiStateQuixote

Enemy of the State
We're kicking off Keep on the Shadowfell tomorrow night. I'm going to use it as a campaign preview. Basically the events of this adventure will take place some time in the past (I'm thinking 50-100 years ago), and I'll use some of the stuff that happens in the adventure to color the campaign.

We'll make up new characters and start the "real" campaign when we complete Keep on the Shadowfell or when everyone can't stand waiting to play their own character anymore.

Stomphoof

First Post
My book arrives today, but sadly I will be at work today AND tomorrow and it will languish in the office of my apartment complex till I have a chance to get it Sunday...

Unless I get outta work early today! *crosses fingers*

Stormtalon

First Post
I'm running KotS this weekend. At least tomorrow night, probably Sunday, too (hooray for long weekends!). I know I'll have a full complement of at least 5 players, maybe more (hooray for easy scaling!).

We'll be doing this until the books come, then I'll start up a nice PoL homebrew-on-the-fly with just a starting region detailed and work from there. I'm sure the MM will give me something to work with as far as overarching behind-the-scenes plot ideas....

Wormwood

Adventurer
*sigh*

I bought KotS for my group the day it released, and I was all set to play it the next time we got together . . . but the newly-nominated DM decided that he wants to wait until he's read the core rulebooks(!) before he runs it*.

So no 4e for me (of all people) until the middle of June.

But I'm not bitter. Oh no sir, not me.

*I just want to play in a simple, core-rules, default-setting, bog-standard game of freakin' 4e. How hard is that?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
EricNoah said:
If I were DMing ... I would do my very best to kill this lingo at the table. Blerg!!
Eric, what makes you think we use that lingo at the table? It's a handy way to talk about things here, but (other than action points) the phrase "striker" and "defender" never come up when we're playing.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Oh, I'm just saying -- if I hear "striker, defender, blah blah blah" at the table ... that would bother me. :)

edit: And actually I do have a guy who kind of does that already in my 3.x game. He describes his custom-built psionic summoner as a "pet class". It's the kind of term that means nothing to me, as I don't play MMORPGs, but it does constantly remind me of MMORPGs.

Remove ads