• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The "Yay we're finally getting to play 4e!" thread

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I get to play Sunday! I cannot wait! :)
Yea!

I have been sending 4E updates to everyone in our group for a few weeks now to keep them abreast of the inevitable. I am hoping that some of them took the time to check out the Compiled pre-release rules so that the learning curve for everyone will be shorter.

We will see.

*shaking with glee*

Agamon

Adventurer
Damn. I don't think I'll get to play until late June sometime. I won't be ready until then. And the first session isn't going to be very "crunchy" as PCs are introduced to the new setting. My own fault for not giving two licks about KotS, I guess. I just don't want to play a watered down intro version of the game, I wanna go in both guns a blazin'.

Maybe we'll have a practice session to test out the mechanics after the books come out, but I doubt we'll have time.

I still remember the first time we used the 3E rules. A fight in/around a cottage with ogres in the midst of what was a hybrid 2e/3e game up until that point. It was awesome, very memorable. I'll have to make sure to make the first 4e fight to be just as much so, if not moreso.

Dracollich

First Post
Got KotS yesterday and I've been plotting the demise of my players for the upcoming Sunday game ever since.

...plotting the demise... Did I say that out loud? I meant, plotting a fun filled adventure for all ;)

As an added bonus, I just got downsized last week out of a job and have plenty of time to prep for the game. Now if only I spent as much time finding a new job......

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
wormwood said:
But I'm not bitter. Oh no sir, not me.

I played in the first session of DDXP...and won't play again until probably August.

But I am not bitter...

...but if I was...wormwood...I would be considering a coup de dm.

cdrcjsn

First Post
I'm judging Escape from Sembia at a convention in the SF Bay Area tomorrow, Sunday and Monday. I'll probably run around 7 tables worth of TPKs...

I've already run it twice before. Everyone had fun despite the deaths.

Wraithdrit

First Post
I started my group into KotS this past weekend. It was our second 4e session. First was just making characters and getting them together. We play every two weeks. This last week was really fun for me, but the players were a bit frustrated. At the end of the first session...

[sblock]
The warlord was dieing behind Irontooth and his wyrmpriest cohort. The rest of the group was out of dailies and encounter powers and facing off against the two baddies left standing. And worse yet, Irontooth is only slightly hurt. It very well could start the next session with one character death (warlord only needs one more failed save to die) or more (if they let Irontooth go toe to toe with em).
[/sblock]

- Wraith

PeelSeel2

Explorer
Wormwood said:
*sigh*

I bought KotS for my group the day it released, and I was all set to play it the next time we got together . . . but the newly-nominated DM decided that he wants to wait until he's read the core rulebooks(!) before he runs it*.

So no 4e for me (of all people) until the middle of June.

But I'm not bitter. Oh no sir, not me.

HAHHAHAHHA!!.....erHHmm...Ahhhh....I mean, that is too bad. I feel for you.

I bought it Wednesday night and I finally get to DM it tonight :)

ZetaStriker

First Post
Stupid me. I don't know anyone capable of DMing in San Diego any more, thanks to a few key players joining the Marines, so I'll probably never get to go through the adventure as a player. ;_;

Ah well... I'm actually getting the adventure today, so at least I'll be able to run it for other people either this weekend or the next.

Rechan

Adventurer
I'm actually curious how you would go about eradicating, well, referencing your ABILITIES at the table?

"Okay I'm going to... attack the guy." "Why are you moving him?" "I... can." "Uh huh. WAIT, why are you attacking AGAIN?" "Because." "Because why? I can't answer that." "WHY NOT?" "Because you don't like the word 'action point'."

I mean, how else do you declare your actions without referencing at-will/daily/action points/etc?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads