• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E The "Yay we're finally getting to play 4e!" thread

Rechan

Adventurer
I figured that since KotS is out and all, I'd start a thread for celebrating and sharing enthusiasm for finally getting to play 4e. I've been freaking jealous of all these playtests and people doing demos and stuff.

To start things off...

YAY I GET TO PLAY KoTS TONIGHT! :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

Sure it's on OpenRPG instead of at a table, but I GET TO Play instead of DMing. I will be the SCARIEST FREAKING PALADIN EVAR. Rar I'm a player!

Ahem.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Yay, I'm going to get to see what all the fuss is about tomorrow! And I get to be a player instead of a DM! I'll be the most annoying tiefling warlord EVAR!!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
My party of 3rd lvl characters killed a dragon last night! Sure, it was a young dragon, but it was really fun. Brought it down with a crit-hit from the rogue as it was fleeing to buy it some time.

Strange party, too; six PCs, all strikers or defenders.

Piratecat said:
My party of 3rd lvl characters killed a dragon last night! Sure, it was a young dragon, but it was really fun. Brought it down with a crit-hit from the rogue as it was fleeing to buy it some time.

Strange party, too; six PCs, all strikers or defenders.

Sounds like fun. The party doesn't seem strange at all. Seeing that a controller's role is to (theoretically) neutralize threats and most ongoing effects are very brief in duration, I see a lot of successful parties doing this. It would be interesting to collect data about combats, having different groups using varying mixes of charcter roles against the same challenges. That way we could see how a striker heavy party does vs a controller heavy party.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
ExploderWizard said:
Sounds like fun. The party doesn't seem strange at all. Seeing that a controller's role is to (theoretically) neutralize threats and most ongoing effects are very brief in duration, I see a lot of successful parties doing this. It would be interesting to collect data about combats, having different groups using varying mixes of charcter roles against the same challenges. That way we could see how a striker heavy party does vs a controller heavy party.
Well, the cleric's player was sick, and the wizard's player was out of town.

I felt so bad. The first fight was against zombies, and the fight was meant to let the paladin and cleric shine. After the cleric's player had to cancel, the paladin rolled a 1, then a 2, then a 1 in combat. Whiff daily, action point, whiff encounter. Whiff encounter. She was pissed.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Hehe, congrats on being players :D

I wish someone would answer my wanted gamers ad. I'm chafing at the bit to get back into a game.

Good luck!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads