D&D 5E Theory Crafting fun: Max AC with Standard Array, without Feats, and without GM provided magic items?

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
A little late to the party, but I have been playing with something similar with a Level 5 build for my current campaign.

DM rules/approved rulings:
Human with advanced array: 17,15,13,12,10,8.
Nat 1 doesn't auto-fail/20 doesn't auto-hit (his personal rule)
Flanking rules
I can attach forge cleric/defense buff to magic items (making the skills not worthless when everyone has +1 gear)
my current level 5 forge cleric has adamantium plate (mo crits) - so that's going straight into the Arcane Armor lol.

So far I have 3 Armorer/1 Forge Cleric/1 Wizard (planning on taking 2 Wizard [War Mage] and then the rest Armorer.

AC: 18 (plate) + 3 (defense infused shield) + 1 (blessing of the forge) + 2 (shield of faith - concentration) = 24AC + no crits + (in one level) a reactionary +2 [war mage] or +5 [shield spell] = base 24AC with potential 26AC or 29AC.

Array: 8/12/13/17/15/10
Racial: +2 int
level 4 Feat: Observant (+1 int) - Passive scores [20 - perception/23 - investigation/12- insight] {no traps or secret doors getting past me!}

Took spells with no "to hit" or "save DC" for cleric list to avoid MADness - guidance, mending, spare the dying, healing word, identify, shield of faith.

Plan is to get through enemy front line, taunt heaviest hitters with gauntlets and healing word anyone that goes down. Thorn whip anyone that tries to get away, firebolt anything farther than that, homunculus servant - spare the dying {if needed}, mending, guidance.

Art to match concept:
4056dc5b972063c0c00511005e17fa8b.jpg
Welcome to the forums! Have a LIKE! :)

Remove ads